Galvatron voice

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Funky Munky, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Funky Munky

Funky Munky G.I. Formers & Trans-Joe TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Who did voice Galvatron after Nimoy in the movie anyways?

2. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    Frank Welker did Galvatrons voice for the cartoon post movie.

3. Funky Munky

News Credits:
    The man of all voices!

Well, Galvatron was Megatron.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    To be technical, Welker voiced Galvatron first, then Nimoy. S3 had already started recording before the movie was recorded.

5. Funky Munky

News Credits:
    So with a movie and a new season in 1986, Galvatron was just too much for Welker?
    Since he was Rumble in the movie, I figured he may have taken all his roles.

6. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

I think with trying to get a big name cast, they figured it would be cool to have Nimoy voice Galvie for the movie and then have Welker back on it for the series.

7. misternoodle

misternoodle Banned

wow, that puts things in a whole different perspective since it affects my view of not only galvy's VA, the rest too, considering i always thought it was the reverse.

8. Funky Munky

Funky Munky G.I. Formers &amp;amp;amp; Trans-Joe TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It didn't work. The movie along with My Little Pony's forced G.I. Joe the movie to be direct to video only.

Am I the only one that thinks the movie wasn't all that?

9. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    I thought the movie was pretty good up to Starscream's coronation. That's the point I usually stop watching it. Once Starscream is killed by Galvatron, I lost interest in it.

10. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Frank Welker did Galvatron for season 3 and the rebirth episodes.

Quite frankly, I liked Nimoy's version of Galvatron better.

11. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Remember that post movie Galvy has the Transformer equivalent of brain damage. :lol  The crazy voice fits that.

NYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

12. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I do to it was powerful and bold I really liked it and I hope if galvatron is in bayformers nimoy reprises him(actually an intresting thought since shockwave is supposed to be a twisted version of mr.spock what if he voiced shockwave?)

13. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, its quite "fashionable" to bash the movie at the moment.

Me, I love it!!

14. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

It's like that's the point where Season 3 begins. Suddenly the Dinobots are just dumb comic relief, and most of the characters you knew and loved disappear.

15. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not sure that would happen. Unless Nimoy realy needed the money. I have read somewhere before that he refuses to talk about his stint on TFTM.

16. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Galvatron is such a great character and I love Welker's voice for him. It just screams insane.

17. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Not at all. As mentioned, one of the goals was to get as many "big name" actors in the movie as possible, Orson Welles, Robert Stack, Judd Nelson, Nimoy, et all were all in there as both a way to interest investors and as an attempt to play up to older kids. (College age.) Floating around on the 'net is the investor reel, which shows UM in his diaclone colors and some other footage that never made it into the movie as a way to interest investors into funding the film. They introduce the new characters and tell who's voicing them, as well as revealing the finale, all to make it seem like an amazing film that they'd regret not financing. Even Spike and Ultra Magnus' profanity was intentional to get the film a PG rating, as most theatres stopped showing G rated films at 4 PM. Nearly every element was to play up to get as large an audience as possible. Fights to the death, big name voice actors, a more adult rating, etc. Their big goal was to get college students, high schoolers, and kids, as well as parents to go see the film, but unfortunately, they had severe competition with the movie Aliens, which had come out just prior (2 weeks or somesuch), and poor reviews from people who knew nothing about Transformers resulted in a less then stellar box office return as well as lots of angry parent letters about children upset about Optimus' death, but that's another topic.

Nimoy went through a phase where he was distancing himself from everything, especially Star Trek. There was even a post on ATT an eternity ago about Nimoy refused to autograph a Galvatron figure MISB, but then when he went back to the "Yeah, I'm in Star Trek, I sang The Lord of the Rings, and I voiced a Transformer", he started talking about it and signing Galvatron stuff again, which I think he still is in today. There's an interview floating around I think it was on the 20th DVD where Nimoy was actually going to audition for the part, and was going to try and sound like Welkers Galvatron, but it was nixed, they wanted him to sound regal and powerful, and to do his own thing, and the part was his.

As for the movie, I love it, and personally seperate it from the abomination of S3. Let's face it, the movie and S3 are a contradiction. The movie matured up, dealing with death and change, as well as putting the war into a larger universal context, both good (Junkions) and bad (Quintessons) with visually appealing animation. Then S3 did the exact opposite, playing stupidly down to an even younger audience with baby Daniel and his dumb Dinobot pals, quests for wizards and Ultra Magnus' birthday with laughably bad animation.

Had I been in charge, I would've kept up the maturity level of the movie in S3 and plotted everything differently. I would've had an uneasy truce between the Autobots and Decepticons on a broken (Due to Unicrons battle) Cybertron fighting a war for survival against the Quintesons (As well as introducing a Quint faction emblem), with many of the new Transformers being Quint faction, like Predaking and Abominus, Gnaw, the Sparkabots, clones, etc. Additionally, Computron would've been a multi-fation Gestalt, with Scattorshot and Strafe as Decepticons and the rest as Autobots, and portrayed Galvatron as reluctant and withdrawn from everything, usually coming into play only when pushed, while Cyclonus and Ultra Magnus advise Rodimus on leading the war effort. (Along with a clash of Autobot and Decepticon philosophies, with Cyclonus advocating "Acceptible Losses" and UM being a "No bot left behind" approach that Rodimus would have to balance.) But, that's just me.

18. Funky Munky

Funky Munky G.I. Formers &amp;amp;amp; Trans-Joe TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Judd was still a youngster, wasn't he?

19. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Ditto. Even with all its flaws, I will never get tired of watching it. Although I've noticed that in more recent years, I won't bother watching it through in one sitting -- just fast-forward to specific scenes.

Back on topic, Welker as Galvatron post-movie is one of very few character voices he's done that I just really didn't like. It did fit with Galvatron's insanity, but that didn't make it any less annoying.

20. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I prefer neither Galvatron voice. I like sane, menacing Galvatron, I like crazy Galvatron. I prefer Megatron from the first seasons, though.

I love the movie, but I am not blind to its flaws. I guess that is the "mature" opinion of the movie. I'm like that with the cartoons as well. I can enjoy something for what it is, without forgetting it's only a cartoon, and it has flaws.

Heck, on the cartoons, my brother and I have a great laugh sometimes spotting the animation errors.