Galvatron or Ratbat?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Torque, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    which one do you think will be in Animated? cause i remember waaaaaay back that at...Botcon? i think it was Botcon...someone confirmed that three of 4 characters would be in Animated

Galvatron
    Swindle
    Waspinator
    Ratbat

we already have seen swindle, and Wasp is essentially Waspinator. so which of the other 2 will be the one to appear in Season 3? or do you think they're hoping that we'll all forget about them.

2. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

Galvatron.

Ratbat, from the get go, seemed like a throw-away on the list. I mean, he was a cassette, that's it. No one is gonna be dissappointed over him not getting in as opposed to any of the the other three not getting in.

3. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Speak for yourself dude Ratbat has CHARACTER something that seems to be important in Animated while Galvatron is what? Upgraded Megatron little more unstable maybe Im sorry but I feel that the writers could do alot more with Ratbat than with Galvatron.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Both :lol 

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Both have got a good case for showing up. Galvatron is legendary among the Decepticons. He's what you get if you take Megatron's worst aspects and make them even worse. It's entirely possible we might see him, possibly if there is a time travel episode where a character sees a possible future where Megatron gained ultimate power and became Galvatron. Or perhaps a parallel reality where he was transfigured by the Allspark, then he crosses over. It is entirely within the realms of possibility.

Ratbat on the other hand, is a relative unknown, but his name is not entirely forgotten since there is the Target exclusive one coming up. Good way to raise awareness of the name. Plus, his role is "Fuel Auditor", and many comics lately have shown him in political machinations. My thought - we know Season 3 was planned to show a battle on Cybertron, and the fall out of Shockwave's betrayal. What if he's not the only Decepticon in the command structure, but that Senator Ratbat also turns out to have Decepticon sympathies?

Either one is a possibility, really. You can't rule them out because one has been done more in the last few years, since a large number of comics have shown Ratbat as a schemer on a level few others ever reach.

Personally, I'd like to see Ratbat. Galvatron could be fun, but Ratbat opens up a whole possibility of corruption within the Autobot ruling council, if they go that way, which would make for a very interesting plotline.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Galvatron's old hat in my book. I think it's high time we got something completely different, and Ratbat can fulfill that need.

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Ratbat. Then we can have Animated Car Wash of Doom. :D 

8. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I did think that Galvatron had already been confirmed, but now I remember we established it was Cyclonus.

I agree with everything Sol Fury just said. For he is wise, and knows the ways of things (plus, he's just... right). :D 

9. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm with Sol as well. The comics have done very well expanding on Ratbat's characterization separate from Soundwave. He is just as much his own character as Beast Wars Ravage is.

Plus, he invented the Car Wash of Doom. 'Nuff said.

10. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

I never realized that Ratbat had such a fan following...

And, not being a comics fan, I've always just viewed Ratbat as being the same as Buzzsaw...just another cassette, no big deal, if it's not Rumble, Ravage or Lazerbeak, it's not important.

11. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PLEASE let it be Ratbat. He was a such a great character in the G1 Marvel comics. I loved how he watched Shockwave fall through the atmosphere to his supposed demise, saying it would be "illogical" to go back to rescue him. Ratbat was leader of the Decepticons from #39-50.

I'd love to see an Animated Ratbat based on that character...

Chris

12. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    As has already been noted Ratbats personality (yes largely via comics) is perhaps the most developed of all of Soundwaves G1 minions with Ravage coming in second largely due to his BW characterization. For me this has had an odd effect Im simply not happy anymore with either of these characters being portrayed as Soundwaves minions anymore so when I say Ratbat Im thinking perhaps as a Techno-organic Predacon or something definatly not as some new instrument accesory for Soundwave.

Hell if there was 1 character from the entire TF mythos I could choose for an Animated treatment it would be Ravage but heavily based of BW Ravage (except with a beast alt mode more like the toy than the toon) and the same is true for Ratbat I feel these two have MORE character than Soundwave and thus its wrong them being stuck as his sidekicks.

Indeed I have this fantasy/wish scenario where Black Arachnia kidnaps a handful of bots from around the place to transform into 'her' new Predacon faction and that the subjects she chooses are all 'Rogues' not Decepticons but bots thats are exiled Autobots for various reasons (like Wasp) and in the case of the Bot who would become Ratbat he was an Emirate who got busted for various froms of corruption but managed to bail before being brought to justice and has been on the run until BA nabs him, also thought maybe Scourge (based primarily on his Cybertron version) as a dishonorably discharged ex-elite guard prime who much to BAs chargrin ends up ursurping the Predacon leadership from BA and im talking a seperate 3rd faction here not like how the Constructicons and Dinobots are sub teams of their respective factions Im talking fully fledged with their own goals and faction emblem based on the BW pred one in green.

13. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Galvatron

14. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

while i hated Galvatron in G1 ( just didnt like the reformat idea since he no longer acted like megs at all ) I think Galvatron being a direct Rival to megatron would be pretty cool. This could even be a weekness of the Decepticons as the Decepticons are divided between Megatron followers and Galvatron Followers.

Also would make for a Crazy combiner :) 

Rat bat sounds more like an animated Character to me but Galvatron would be cool as a seperate character and not megs upgraded.

15. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    A non-Megatron Galvatron in animated would be a dream come true for me. Galvy's my fave TF but Animated Megatron should never change.

16. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    If Animated Megatron should have a rival, I'd rather it be Animated Thunderwing, Scorponok or Overlord.

17. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I WANT ANOTHER RATBAT TOY!!!!! I mean how many Galvatron's do we need????

18. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    You guys have made alot of great points,really you have.

I too would like to see Galvatron as a separate character from Megs,I too would like to see Ratbat,I too would like to see Thunderwing,Scorponok,and Overlord.

There are so many obscure Decepticons that would be great for Animated.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I would prefer Ratbat, since he really deserves a good, non-repaint update.

20. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Ratbat.

And coincidentally, we have a pink-glasses business tycoon who will do anything for the bottom line...

Suppose that Masterson's next innovation is one step beyond Transformers - a full cybernetic body?

Or, if Sari is indeed a robot... that Powell captures her, considering her Sumdac Systems property, to glean her secrets. And ends up with a purple batlike body...

Something like the recent redeco of Sideways or his War Within body would rock.