Galvatron - > Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by adaskowy, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Me Grimlock fed up with this world

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Does Megatron have a Spark anymore?

2. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I still don't understand how Galvatron went back to Megatron. Unless it was like one of those he didn't like the style.

3. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

He didnt. He was alway megatron.
    He just changed his looks for the second time.
    Now fun would be if the autobots and humans think that a new con leader have emerged. Just to be shocked when they found out who he is.

4. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Yeah. Its in his........... gun :) 

5. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Are you talking about the scene with savoy hunting ratchet with the little tv's? That actually isn't a green screen error funny enough. Military spotting tv's all have that "green screen" when not in use. Meaning if a drone/camera isn't being streamed on one, it will just have a blank green screen. The only reason this gets flack is because Screen Junkies thought is was another error but it really wasn't.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

First off I don't care if you love Pete, I'm here to talk about transformers ok buddy

7. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Secondly, you do the research and we will discuss, because you are clearly missing the point, I mentioned regeneration because of the scorpinok thing, and screams head megatron holds that some implied didn't have the dotm damage on it. Megs head has less damage in AOE and was allegedly changing in dotm before and after sentinel grabbed him, which didn't do much damage by the way....I was more so referring to the fact that their extremities still functioned after being severed from their bodies..... and you don't know that megatron was picking he picked up a doctor bot and squished him, also using those doctor robots he could also have been seeding his chromosomes instead ....as I think it'd take more than the time between dotm and age of extinction for Joshua to decode alien robotic genomes let alone create them....so it's entirely possible that megatron was planning this new body since rotf or was aware of ksi back then and set things in motion for that to happen....that could also explain why he reverted back to megatron, that was always the plan. He just needed something that could compete with a prime

8. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

He didn't decode them, Megatron gave them to him and let him think he did it. In five years you could accomplish anything if you were being given the information on a silver platter. Megatron gave them everything Megatron is the only reason their project was even possible it would've never advanced without him.

It's possible Joshua was working on it for a while since his dialogue suggest him knowing of transformium for a time but brains says the only reason it worked was because Megatron gave them everything they needed.

9. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Details, details....he thought he'd decoded it was my point. But it never happened overnight and his company wasn't built on the back of transformers he merely spotted an opportunity & went for it. The rest was megatron granted....but that could have been his plan all along, I've been babbling on about transformium being the movies equivalent of the comics ore 13, earth is planet 13 hence the prophecy of the 13 th prime etc however I think that once megatron discovered the ore 13/transformium maybe after retreating to Africa who knows, he was always going to build his own new body and it was just ksi residual coding that made him say galvatron instead of megatron

10. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

He was never galvatron. But megatron in a new body.

"We shall meet again Prime, for I am reborn".

He probably chose the name Galvatron since if he took Megatron, it would be obvious.
    Probablt also why after the entire fuss about his return was over, he took his name back

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Yes but it's the physical transformation from galvatron to his new look that needs explaining, unless there's a surprise up their sleeves in the last knight, then we all pretty much know why he has his name back, but not why he changed his look or indeed how....me personally I'd love it if he started out in TLK as his galvatron look and something happened to maybe give him a beast mode or something ( I also believe the same of Optimus) perhaps it's something to do with their swords as we have not seen Optimus transform since he took that sword but his physical appearance changed....could be the same thing for megatron

• Like Like x 1
  12. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Until we see the movie, we can only speculate.
    And if it isnt explained, we can speculate.

13. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Well I know it's not just me thinking it. But the whole current iteration of this cinematic universe is in rather big trouble if they can't explain how their characters completely change appearance, and also probably sound different

14. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Old voice actor got the sack :) 

New body new voice. So in a way they do not need to explain the voice. The body they probably have to.
    Btw, cant remember if they explained the complete difference in appearance between protoforms and the finished product in the first movie. Other then they scan a vehicle and completely change

15. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

The protoforms? They showed them scanning vehicles as part of the same arrival scene. Also this is the first time they've made it concretely known that there's a continuity happening and that the movies link up. Also they explained when making AOE that this was the first instalment of a bigger adventure....so if for some reason they completely skip out how megatron not only returns, but turns up rocking another new look minus any explanation whatsoever......I think not only are the paying public gonna be confused, parents are gonna be confused explaining it to confused kids, and us fans are gonna be pissed at once again they have expensively hired amateurs to produce something that any of us here would have done for the rewarding experience of it.

• Like Like x 2
  16. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

I'm not getting this from Screen Junkies. When I saw those screens it felt very out of place. The same thing happens when they deploy Galvatron, and there are these sickly lime green screens in the control room. Granted what you said with the drones makes it understandable, but the control room felt incomplete. They should have filled those spots with the wall the monitors are placed.

17. zachprime86

zachprime86 Zachimus Prime

I feel like in TLK it will be explained why Galvatron is now back to Megatron. I think that they will show him in Lockdown' old ship, finding a generic knight, touching it, then transforming into his new knight form. It will probably be in like 3 minutes, maybe even less.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Unicrons Herald

Unicrons Herald Chaos Bringer

That is what I think as well. :) 

19. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

As long as we get something that will do, as I along with others are getting a bit peeved with leaps of faith all the time.