Galvatron - > Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by adaskowy, Apr 19, 2017.

1. adaskowy

adaskowy New Member

Hi, I'm thinking about this situation, how Galvatron change back into Megatron? and why he introduced himself as "I am GALVATROON" technicaly beeing Meg in new body? Other question is that Galvatron will be on the begining of TF5 or he will be Megatron at sight. Any ideas/theories ?

Maybe in the 20 min footage anyone has tease of this exchange ?

2. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    There was no particularly interesting footage of Megatron in the preview,
    except for the shot of him holding Starscream's head.

I do hope we see some sort of transition from Galvatron to Megatron, even if it's only a very brief shot. Like, maybe we'll see a shot of him reprogramming his Transformium, and it'll just be say, his arm going from the Galvatron design to the Megatron design to complete the process, or something like that

I imagine the name change could be so his new troops - assuming they're indigenous to Cybertron - will recognise both him and his authority. Because no-one outside of KSI really called him Galvatron. Even Brains said that Galvatron was "just Megatron reincarnated"

3. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Well it does need explaining and it absolutely cannot afford to skip this important part of the story. The change in appearance may have happened years before the last knight, so it may not be shown but it definitely needs explaining. I feel it will but more so in dialogue than visuals.

If it doesn't....then god help the credibility of the franchise because I don't think that it would survive such another gaping continuity error especially one as big as that, the last knight is already having issues because of the last knight app that they released....people are having to distance themselves and come up with head scratching theories in order for it to make sense to them....and no two people generally agree on a continuity at the minute....which considering how they're trying to create 'one history/lore' is a huge problem they cannot afford to ignore.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trip2boy

Trip2boy Collector

Agreed. I'd hope they'd have some way to explain Weaving to Welker too, but probably not. I imagine they'll leave that up in the air for fans to debate over for the next 10 years. About his body, they'd better explain it, or they're screwed. It'll be one of the most blatant continuity gaps in the franchise, and would severely hurt reviews, which could in turn kill the box office. However, with their focus being on "connecting all the movies", I imagine that they wouldn't leave such a crucial detail about a major villain, if not the main villain, out of the new movie. Only time will tell, though!

5. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They need to explain Galvatron to Megatron but there is no need to explain Weaving to Welker at all. They didn't explain it from the voice change of DOTM to AOE. Besides, they didn't explain Sideswipes voice change from ROTF to DOTM.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Well-Hated G1'er!

News Credits:
    Did sideswipe even talk in dotm?! I only remember him saying "damn I good"

7. goudan

goudan Bumblebee all the way

Yes he did. He talked with Ironhide and two cons back in Nest.

8. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

That was rotf wasn't it?

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    This reminds me of Energon's situaton of Galvatron to Megatron.

Which, y'know, is always good to be reminded of that series. I'm just worried this movie's going to have so much going on, explaining Megatron's return in anything but a brief expositional line will just be more crud to dillute and derail the story.

10. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol! You're kidding me right? During the Dread chase scene, he says "Dino, I got them!" And when they Transform in the Dread Stand off scene he said "Woo, little Mexican stand off we got here." "And we'll let you escape with your dignity." After Hide tells them to drop their weapons. Then he say "Ironhide! Watch out!" And Ironhide, Here!" When he kicks him his weapon.

Later after Hide is already dead. And all the Bots are held up in the building and OP says they need to make a diversion, Swipe is heard telling Ratchet to watch up high.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    In a movie so full of stuff and nonsense, I think people can be forgiven for not rememebring a few blink (your ears?) and you'll miss it voice lines, especially when Sideswipe's voice is hella indistinct and he only ever said one full sentence.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joe90

Joe90 Member

Galvatron finds Megatrons body in junkyard, takes out the spark, inserts into hole in chest, reformats back to Megatron....I'm assuming his body wasn't melted down in AOE luckily for him...

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think they do need some form of explanation. Sure somewhere there are the ultra casual fans who don't give a darn, they are just there to watch things blow up. But these films do have a fan base that has shown up for every film so it couldn't hurt to keep your base happy by throwing in at least a bit of dialog for the sudden name change.

If an entire room full of writers can't BS an excuse then we should all worry the future story lines.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Why would it be in a junkyard when KSI had his and Sentinel's heads? Why would they waste perfectly good metal for their projects if they were already there o salvage his noggin?

The best explanation they could have is if Galvatron just reformatted his body (since Transformium can be easily programmed, and that's why it had a Megatron-y face) into a body closer to his Megatron form out of preference. Have him say something like "Galvatron was the name given by humans, and humans suck farts" or something.

Really, him going back to Megatron makes complete sense. Why would he keep and form and name humans gave him and not, yknow, his real one.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  15. Unicrons Herald

Unicrons Herald Chaos Bringer

He talked about having a Mexican standoff as well in DOTM. And then he asked the Dreads to drop their weapons.

Edit: Ok, Tonyformer just mentioned those. :p 

16. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Yeah it makes perfect sense to not keep the galvatron name, but if they just throw away the entire plot of AOE which is the immediate previous movie, whilst striving to build continuity and connections between all of the movies by just sidestepping the issue altogether....then I'd say they're in for a bit of a backlash

17. Unicrons Herald

Unicrons Herald Chaos Bringer

Something I didn't thought of before, but suddenly realized about that spoiler:

Megatron holding Starscream's head is a continuity error, as Screamer's head blew up then Sam killed him in DOTM.

18. FlamingBolt

FlamingBolt Active Member

That was ROTF

19. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Well technically only the left half blew up followed by his chest

20. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

IMG_0979.PNG IMG_0980.PNG

Not sure what was shown in the sizzle reel but there's still a good sizeable head left over after the explosion