Heavy/Scratch: Galvatron II - WIP [Update: 5.29.10, p.6)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by hXcpunk23, May 4, 2010.

1. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

Realy nice. The smaller frame will give him a better look. I take it u will go for a g1 toy transformatiion rather than cartoon. Are you going purple or blue?

Very original. Will look great with scourge

2. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Man, that is some slick Styrene work on that head there. You continue to impress.

3. compute146

compute146 Well-Known Member

awesome work so far, love it,
    all the best
    colin

4. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Thanks, man! This is my second Galvatron custom, hence the "Galvatron II". Glad you dig it!

Thanks and glad you're liking it so far.

Thanks, Mat--we're doing ok. Still rough dealing with things like that, but this is definitely keeping my mind off the bad junk. Glad you like it, bro!

Thanks, reluttr! I've been wanting to do a G1-styled Galvatron from this mold for a while now--it just had the look, feel, and I knew I could heavy mod it and change the transformation scheme to fit Galvatron. Glad you like the head!

Thanks, bro! I appreciate it.

I'm hoping to upload more shots either later tonight or tomorrow. I'm still working on the legs a bit and the cannon itself. After that, I'll snap some shots and get them up so you guys can see the alt mode.

The head is on a ball joint that sits on the piece that slides into the chest cavity, so yes, it fits. I'm planning to try for the gun mode also--I did the gun mode on my previous Galvatron custom and a lot of people really liked that I included it, so I figured I'd go for it again. I've done a few mock-ups to see how it will look and I think you guys will dig it.

Thanks, Daniel! I always try to explain my work and how it's done so that others can possibly try it out themselves if they'd like. As for replying to others, I try to point out the good and the bad (if any) and tell what I like about a custom. Glad you like the head and facial features. I wasn't sure how it would all come together when I first started on it, but it slowly came together, a piece at a time.

Thanks, aprim! Glad you like it (and the head) so far, my friend! Your Galvatron(s) were inspiring, but I wanted to do one different and hopefully loads better than my previous Galvatron custom.

LOL--glad you dig it, bro.

Thanks, man!

Thanks, dude! I'm planning to tear that track UP. lol (glad you like the head!)

Thanks, Justin! Prepare to see more awesome, bro. lol

I wouldn't say THE best Galvatron custom of all time.....but I will say now that it will be some of my best work (and this is including my Universe Scourge custom--which will get a nice photoshoot with Galvy when he's done). Thanks for the kind words though, man--I appreciate it.

Thanks, Allen! Glad you dig it all so far. I'm always thinking of ways to make some cool bots from some of these "OK" molds that we get. I think you're gonna like the new updates I'm planning to post in the next day or so (maybe tonight, if I have time).

Thanks, E!

No way--really? ;)  Glad you like it so far, bro!

Me either, man--I'm a huge Galvatron fan and it's shaping up very nicely so far. I'll have new shots up soon.

Thanks, bro! I think I was right there with you in wondering IF this could really be done. But now that I've worked more on it, the answer is HELL YES, IT CAN! lol

Awesome, man--that's what I intended (crank out some great work and grab some interest in it).

I think it will be a mash up of the G1 toy transformation, the cartoon transformation, and my own idea of how it should transform. I plan to snap new shots of the bot and alt mode for you guys either tonight or tomorrow, so keep an eye out and you'll see what I mean. It will be a bit different from the actual G1 toy or toon models (both bot and alt mode), but it will definitely scream Galvatron when you look at both modes. As for colors, I'm planning to go with blue--always liked it more on him than the purple. And he will definitely have some shots with my Scourge custom and Cyclonus--just need to repaint Cyclonus first before any group shots of the 3).

Thanks, Eric! I'm glad you like the head and I'm glad my work continues to impress you, man. I just keep pushing myself to try harder and do better with each 'bash.

Thanks, Colin--I appreciate the kind words!

5. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    New WIP shots........I cut down the shoulders from an Energon Sharkticon to form the shape of Galvatron's shoulder pods (or whatever you call 'em). I then covered all but the outsides with thin sheet styrene and sanded it down around the edges. I glued those in place and cut small pieces to add to the top (for more texture and to look more like some of the G1 Galvatron art out there). These are locked in place and do not move during transformation. I also added some thin styrene sheet strips to the top of the lower legs and added some minor detail to the shins. I plan to do more styrene work on the legs. I added a small Neo Shifters connector to the upper back in bot mode. This piece flips down in alt mode and has a peg that Galvatron's arm cannon pegs right into. I tore apart my previous Galvatron custom cannon (which was the original G1 barrel, the back end of a large ink pen and lots of styrene). I and in the process of building it better, which is why it looks a little naked here. The tripod "tail" underneath the alt mode will also get a bit of work done to it. I'm planning to build up on it a bit with some styrene (and putty, if needed). The crosshairs-type piece that is sticking up on top of the alt mode, slides up and folds down in bot mode to reveal the head. I cut grooves into the inner part of the shoulder pods to allow the head to slide in and out of the chest cavity.

I'll hopefully have more updates on this soon. I'm hoping to work a bit more on it later tonight. For now, I'm out (need some sleep).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod

News Credits:
    Man this is a really nice custom...I am also working on a Springer to Galvatron...yours makes me wish I would have done something different with the head because your new head SCREAMS Galvatron. I also like what you've done with the legs by using the pill bottles. Great work!

7. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Shaping up great, Brian.

8. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is looking great, the custom head is spot-on perfection and the alt mode looks exceptional as well.

Keep up the great work, and sorry to hear about your loved one as well.

9. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Who knew that Cyb mold had a Galvy hidden within him? :lol  Both modes are looking pretty sweet & I'm absolutely luving that cannon mode :thumb . You're definitely on the right track. :) 

I lost my Grandfather recently (He was 99 when he passed away close to two months ago) & it definitely helps to know that they're now in a better place, completely free of pain.

10. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Thanks, man! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do. Yeah, the pill bottles was one of those "hey, that might work" sort of moments. I'm surprised it turned out well. lol

Thanks, Stu--just started working on the mid-section of the bot mode (chest comes next).

Thanks, bro....I appreciate the kind words. Glad you dig the head work and alt mode (it should all look much better once more work is done and it gets some paint).

Thanks, dude! I know some have used the Classics Megatron mold to do Galvatron, but I wanted to try something unique that hadn't really been tried yet. Glad to see everyone digging the hard work I've put into this.

I'm sorry for your loss also.....I know what you mean. You hate to see your loved ones go, but it does help some as you said--they're in a better place and in no pain. Hang in there (I lost my father in 2003 and my grandfather in 2001 also--and my other grandparents in a car accident in 2006--so I definitely know what it's like to be in these situations, but I just try to stay positive and strong....and work on customs and "fun" things to help ease my mind and dull the pain).

11. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

lookin good, the alt mode looks very interesting, goin to add the gun aswell?

If so you should have kept him under your had and entered him into a competition. LOL

12. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Thanks, bro! A gun mode is in the works also. Should have some new WIP shots up again tomorrow sometime. Working on the chest and mid-section now (bot mode).

13. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Galvatron is looking better and better ever time I see it. Can't wait to see this painted.

14. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Thanks again, E! I'm working on the chest right now. I may show a few more WIP shots later tonight.

15. Jukebox Prime

Jukebox Prime Musi-Con

Looking very nice so far! And that head is looking mighty fine! Great work!

16. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    What you have done with the head is killer, can't wait to see the final product!:thumbs2: 

17. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Thanks, guys.....glad you like the head!

18. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Here are a few more WIP shots. Still working on the chest right now.....should have more pics up tomorrow sometime.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Here are the latest WIP shots. The chest is mostly complete, just needs some minor sanding in areas. Next, I'm planning to build a belt from styrene to go around his waist near the upper rectangular piece. I also plan to bulk up the sides a bit like you see in some of the artwork and on the G1 toon, then build the hip pieces to go over the old fake helicopter wheels. After that, it's on to the knees, which will be built from styrene and love. lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome...it is really starting to look like him. Props to you, I would have never thought this mold would have worked for Galvatron, but it looks better than any other recent ones. Nice job