Heavy/Scratch: Galvatron II [Update: 8.26.11]

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by hXcpunk23, May 5, 2011.

1. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

Fantastic update. I've been following this thread (well threads) since it's start, and I've been amazed with each update. For your telescoping leg problem (other than building a new internal track system), is it possible to "transplant" Classics Jetfire's telescoping leg track system into Vector Prime's legs?

By the way, I accept your challenge to make a better Galvy; as soon as I get through my backlog of work. :eek: 

2. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    This must be one of the most well made Galvatron customs I have seen. The G1 vibe given is unmistakable and the color oozes accuracy. I am going to lift some ideas from you, Brian. Seeing how awesome it looks and will compliment any classics shelf.

3. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Thanks, guys! As for the Jetfire telescoping parts, they may fit (I'll have to take a look at it tomorrow night after work). I even considered using those Jetfire legs after seeing the other Galvatron customs out there that work so well with them.

So, what do you guys think? Keep the VP legs? Or go for the Jetfire legs? Or try to utilize the telescoping parts from the Jetfire legs (or Cybertron Excellion--since I have a junker of him handy also)?

As for the challenge of making a better Galvatron, I'm looking forward to it! I always love seeing everyone's take on similar characters because each are usually unique and have something new that wasn't in the previously seen customs. I'm working on some similar parts for a bud of mine on commission and I know that Nemesis Predaking was working on a similar version (from the same mold and his own styrene work on the legs and chest areas) that was to be a younger version. I believe he's selling his WIP on that one--if I had the extra cash, I'd buy it and finish it, just to say I worked on something with a bud who I consider one of the greats out there. So yeah, the challenge is just one of those fun things, since it's all about sharing ideas, helping others, and doing cool customs that we all love or want. If someone does something great, I always want to see someone top it and do something that much better. It just makes everyone better and keeps everyone working at a high level, simply because they want to one-up their pals here on the forums. lol

4. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

Personally, I would go for utilizing parts from Jetfire's legs (reshelling his legs with parts from VP?) as I quite like how VP's legs look with the rest of the custom. Though if that isn't viable, I wouldn't mind seeing either legs on Galvy here.

As soon as I finish up Prime (by finish up I mean start), Megatron, Roadbuster, Whirl, Bruticus, Superion, and Rodimus (I think that's all in my backlog for now), I'll get started on Galvatron or should I say Galvatrons (yes I, II, and even the IDW version). :D 

5. Notilator

Notilator Xenomorph4

wholly canoly! i thought this was a robot replica-type-thing when i saw the first few pics then i saw the alt-mode.......WOW! and I'm also sooo happy someone did a Galvatron that wasn't a simple repaint/retool of Energon Galvatron! :D 

6. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very hapy to finally see some updates on this bro. Looks even better than I thought it would. It was worth the wait

7. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Waiting to hear back from a friend about an extra set of Classics Jetfire legs, so I may end up using those legs on this. OR I may keep these and work on another using those Jetfire legs. I had planned to do one to keep and one for ebay, but I think I may just keep 'em both when I'm done. I like this one too much and I like the ideas I'm kicking around for the next one. lol

Thanks again, guys! Glad you like it so far. Still a ways to go on it, but I think you guys can see where I'm taking this.

8. wheeljack2010

wheeljack2010 Constructicon

Excellent work B! The new head looks great bro'! I like the VP legs on him for the bulk and overall aesthetics, and I think the alt. mode with them is convincing enough. The Jetfire legs got the gimmick, and built-in knee pads as well, so these could work very nicely. Will be interesting to see how they fit. Looking forward to working on this guy myself (with your help!) and will definitely be using alot of these ideas to make mine.

9. Rodimeister0088

Rodimeister0088 Prime

the orange barrel is too big for my taste, but this is still unbelievably awesome! We should get a Generations Galvatron like this! Voyager size! love the G1 homage on the alt mode.

10. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Alt mode pictures!!! Please? :D 

11. Neekotron

Neekotron We're in Ratbat Country!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Wow! Kudos sir!:thumbs2: 

12. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    hXcpunk23, you always have my support when you put crappy recolored non-media characters to good use!!

Nice job, bro! Using G1 Galvatron legs to pull those aesthetics off works nice!

13. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

wow brian, this is turning out so amazing, as i knew it would ;) 

that head is perfect. looking forward to the alt mode.

14. DMcB360

DMcB360 Radicon G2

this.

15. Swaldem

Swaldem Well-Known Member

nice this should be checked by hasbro ..... or hasblow by the way they ar churning out repaints intead of new generations figures ..... hope 2012 will be better for tf collectors

happy new year guys

16. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Thanks for checking out all of the updates so far, guys! I thought I slapped this update up back in December, but I apparently only threw it up on my Facebook fan page.

These are literally THE FINAL legs. I know I've said this a few times before, but these are it. I've already done more than you see here, which I should be posting updates on soon (hopefully tomorrow night), including alt mode WIP shots.

The main thing that I wanted out of this was Classics/G1-styled Galvatron that looked close to the toon version, yet also looked updated and more modern, to fit in with the rest of the Classics/Universe/Generations line. I am sad to say that this will be a parts-former of sorts. I say this because the treads in alt mode (on the new WIP I've been doing) will snap off and snap onto the edge of his back (to mimmick the way they sit on the back of the arm on toon Galvy). The fists will snap into the space where the treads once were (both are on ball joints). Also, the cannon will pretty much transform like the G1 Galvatron toy. The orange cannon will separate from the rear and that piece will hang with Prime's trailer while he's in bot mode (if you know what I mean). lol It's something I debated long and hard about, but the old method just added too much bulk to his back. This is something I could always change or tweak later down the road, but for now, this is pretty much almost done. Just adding some finishing touches to the actual build (still need to build the knee pad parts and the cover for part of the treads). This sucker will still transform though for the most part, so it's not technically a full-on partsformer (if that makes sense). All in all, I'm trying to push this to be one of the best, if not the best Galvatron custom we've seen up until now.

Not trying to pat myself on the back or anything.....I just wanted to push something killer out to try and get others to push themselves on something similar (or maybe do their own take). I'm also working on some Galvatron parts for my bud here (Wheeljack2010) so he can do a similar type of custom (still working on 'em, bud! Been busy with work and finally had time to work more on everything lately).

New updates will be posted tomorrow night (Thursday at the latest).

Attached Files:

17. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    Hasbro make this.

18. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

News Credits:
    Your certainly givin off what your tryin to go for, i drew a little inspiration on my fan galvatron from you =)

19. DMcB360

DMcB360 Radicon G2

awesome build. always like seeing Galvatron get more body's :p 

the only things id like to see different is a shorter neck and mabey some different toes just to distinguish the feet from jetfire's. also not a huge deal, but if your custom chest had a few panel lines or mold-looking detail it would blend a bit better with the arms and legs which are pretty heavy on detail they kinda make it look plain (or accurate to the toon look). the chest is spot on, perhaps less detail on the arms and legs would contribute to the cartoony look.

great work either way.

20. winstonojo

winstonojo Primal

Ebay:
    Like it. Looks like some serious thought has gone into this Galvatron. :)