Galvatron Appreciation

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by aprim, Sep 29, 2010.

1. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Galvatron is one of my favorite characters in the series. I don’t see much appreciation for him as a leader. To me, he was the Joker where Megatron was more like Lex Luther. Yea I know, some people just don’t like anything after season 2 but to me he really gave depth to the “enemy” in general.
    I don’t think he was your average leader. He didn’t care much about his troops, power or the struggle of the Dectipcons. His rage was purely a side effect of being forged by Unicron and the madness that came along with the punishment of being disobedient. His hatred towards Rodimus is funny cause a minute before he was forced to fight with Hot Rod, he was willing to join together to save cybertron. Tossing him out Unicron was just part of the struggle to save the planet.
    Once Uncrion was destroyed we never get to see Galvatron use his Logic (anything left over from Megatron) again. This brings me to the point,
    Is there any Megatron in Galvatron.
    Why has there never been a plot to revive Megatron from within galavtron? Dose Galvatron hold any memory that he was once Megs? Or is he a different character altogether? I guess with all the different timelines some would say they were different, but to me they are the same. I don’t know, guess Im just hoping for more love for him in the future. MP Galvy..please.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Like so many other characters, Galvatron in the comics (especially the marvel UK stuff) is a more menacing and less... well, cartoonish version. He's a nearly-unstoppable killing machine who's just as cunning as Megatron, while at the same time being more refined and "wiser". I think that this might be where a good portion of the love for the character comes from, especially in terms of leadership.

As for "bringing Megatron out of Galvatron", I can't really think of any examples, though in some of the last issues of the marvel comics, there's a story (IIRC) where a time-flung Galvatron runs into Megatron, and has to face what he feels is an inferior past that he has evolved beyond, and is ashamed of. Then they fight.

3. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I heart crazy galvy

4. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Instagram:
    evidence suggests that Galvatron remembers being Megatron...watch "Return of Optimus Prime II".

5. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the fact that he is SO CRAZY, that he made a whole world devoted to being a galatic asylum go insane.

Galvatron FTW!!! :bay 

6. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yea I thought of that, but in the animated movie he talks as if he's not Megs.

When shooting at Ultra Magnus he says, I galvatron will kill you like Megatron Killed Prime. Magnus replied, then you'll die trying just like Megatron.

seems as if Galvatron/Magnus don't really think of him as Megs..

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    But when Starscream asks if he's Megatron, he says "Here's a hint" ;) 

8. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Galvatron <3

Always liked him more than Megatron. I like him as much as I like Optimus Prime and Rodimus Prime.

9. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    I like galvatron, in the movie he was still trying do his own thing even though unicron controlled him. Plus he didn't waste anytime blasting starscream,ultra magnus away....even though megatron was smarter in a sense, galvatron didn't give a f*_k.....now hasbro since rodimus is having his run, now its galvatron turn

10. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yea, this is true. I see the point, but once Unicron was gone I think Galvy went so nuts that any leftover megs was gone. They aren’t very similar in any way. As Galvy was relaxing in lava on Charr, he pretty much beats the shit out of all the troops that came to rescue him. He was pretty nuts. I loved it.

11. Thyme

Thyme Disciple of Yun-Harla

Agreed ... all hail Galvatron!

12. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Hail Galvatron! :D 

13. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    "What'd he say his name was?" </rumble>

Galvatron's reference to Megatron in the third person in the 86 movie could have a number of explainations, especially given the contradictory evidence in that same movie. As in the comic story I mentioned earlier, Galvatron could see himself as an evolution of Megatron, rebuilt and improved such that he no longer sees himself as the same being. Thus, he refers to Megatron as someone would a different person, though he still understands his relationship to Megatron as his origin, and still carries out his vendetta on Starscream as a matter of pride (as well as to cement himself as the new Decepticon leader by destroying his rival and intimidating the troops). Another potential explanation could be Galvatron using the Megatron statement in a bombastic manner, almost similar to a royal "we" or a egotistical use of third-person self-reference. We've seen Galvatron has a high opinion of himself, and he's certainly a regal figure (hell, he has a crown molded into the top of his head), but such pretentious self-reference is not something he consistently uses, either in conversations with Autobots or Decepticons. Additional, simpler explainations include "Galvatron being goddamn moonbat crazy", and the perennial favorite, "poor writing" .

14. Galvatron Rage

Galvatron Rage Question Authority

Yeah, Galvatron kicks ass. Hell, I named myself after him!

I believe that Galvatron knows he once was Megatron, but has moved on and probably doesn't care who he once was. Transformers are quite often taking new forms so it doesn't seem like a big deal to change names and personalities. Didn't Bumblebee become Goldbug later on in the G1 series?

15. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Yes, but he had a very similar personality (changed from his bumblebee persona more by experience than by the rebuilding, I thought), and fully acknowledged himself as Bumblebee. The change in name differs in origin, but was more because his old name didn't so much "fit" him anymore, not because he saw himself as a completely new being.

16. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    You also named yourself after him, after me. :D 

I love the insane Galvatron of season 3 so much, I named myself after him. I think there was still some Megatron in there, but the short circuits from the plasma bath caused him to be hidden behind the madness. After the episode "Web World", we see a bit of Megatron come back into play as some of the madness was cured. He's more cunning in "The Ultimate Weapon".

17. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Comics (Marvel and IDW) and 1986 Movie Galvatron are cool beans. Sunbow Season 3 Galvatron is awful simply because he has one of the worst voices I've ever had the misfortune to hear.

18. Galvatron Rage

Galvatron Rage Question Authority

Yeah, you got me beat by about 8 years, lol!

19. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Don't mess with Galvatron.... He is crazy but a amazing fighter....
    I like him as much as Megatron...
    And if I had to pick one.... Its Galvatron!

20. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Galvatron is a weird character but thats part of his appeal. I didn't read the comics so I'm not sure how he was portrayed there. My only Galvatron knowledge comes from Season 3/Headmasters which was enough for me to like the character.

My favorite Galvatron episode had to be web world, it really did a nice job of displaying how far off the wagon he had fallen since the movie.

Its to bad he died in Headmasters with
    that weird circle of friendship move.
    Galvatron deserved a better death!

(if you want to argue that he isn't dead go ahead. I don't care and I'll just ignore your response)

I hope Galvatron is the Next MP Transformer!:2c: