Galaxy Force VS Cybertron Vector Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ghost Prime, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

Ok so ive had Cybertron Vector Prime for awhile now but always felt cheated by those god awful wings.

Anyways i managed to get myself Galaxy Force Vector Prime today and im rather shocked by the differences........for starters GF has SOILD wings with the outer brown design shown as in the show, yet the Cybertron Version has crap-tastic bent to hell rubber weak wings!

Another thing that shocked me is the color difference, while Cybertron VP is pure white the GF version is Grey with lighter brown areas and much more gold detailings. Another difference is GF VP has a fantastic looking Force Chip while the CYB VP version just has a boring clear version.

How come theres such a huge difference in this figure between the 2 companies (hasbro/Takara) yet pretty much all the other figures are identical aside from the odd 1 or 2 differences.

Aside from GF VP being very different the only other figure ive seen this with is Thundercracker as the CYB version has a FAT FACE (looks like hes holding his breath and puffing his cheeks out) while the GF version is thin

2. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd be a little careful with the GF Vector Prime's sword. A couple friends tell me that their handle broke off pretty easy since the plastic's so stiff. I've never had a problem, but I'm really careful after hearing the third or fourth person warn me about it.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The soft plastic on Hasbro's version is there to comply with safety laws, since that sword could easily put an eye out or something if it was hard. The missing paint aps are just a money saving thing.

Personally, I got some model paint and added most of the missing aps myself. He looks much better that way.

4. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

see the sword thing i can just barely belive but the wings are just insulting. Cyb VP drives me MAD with his cheapo crap wings

5. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    The wings are even worse than the sword. Hasbro did a drop test, and the wings shattered into six-inch-long slivers of razor-sharp death. If they'd released it like that here, a kid could have been killed.

6. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    hah. Whether true or not about shattering, the issue is that the wings and sword share a mold. They HAD to replace the sword, and therefore the wings. And as for paint, paint just doesn't stick well to that softer plastic.

7. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Although I'm not one who unilaterally thinks Takara>Hasbro OR Hasbro>Takara, this is one case where everything about the Japanese release really outshines the US version--the color, the deco, the plastic.. you name it.

Sure wish Botcon Vector Prime could have been done with the hard plastic.

8. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Got-ta tink ahbout duh chilun! :) 

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I actually like Vector Prime,I just don't like the key.I want it to be accuarate.

10. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    From what I understand, that rubbery plastic actually costs Hasbro more money than the usual polycarbonate (PC) plastic they make transparent parts out of. Its because the parts are quite fragile and the plastic type is brittle that they have to use the rubbery plastic so kids don't get accidently stabbed if the toy breaks.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Thundercracker's face is the same on both versions, the mold was not changed for either line.

12. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    What is funny, is that the Cybertron Vector Prime sword can poke an eye out too. So, I don't really see the argument that one can poke out an eye and one supposedly can't.

Not trying to start anything here, I'm just saying the law is kind of dumb.

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's more a dual-issue of safety and durability, rather than just safety alone. Translucent plastic is, by nature, brittle. If it breaks, it breaks into sharp shards that are definitely a safety hazard. On a figure like Vector Prime, his clear parts are all thin, flat panels that are quite easily broken if the figure were to take a fall. Especially on the wings, where they're subject to some stresses since there's a hinge running through them, it's just asking to get broken through normal handling.

Same reason why Mudflap's hacksaw blade was rubberized, the force of the deployment gimmick would surely crack the hook right off after heavy usage.

14. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Same for short stacks or rubber stacks or other thin-looking parts that aren't vaccum metalized 'chrome' plastic anymore.

The vac-metal process makes plastic extremely brittle and horribly sharp when it breaks, and it doesn't matter if a toy is a 'collector item' or for a collector's convention, it still falls under toy laws.

Hasbro also has self-imposed laws because it's a family-friendly company and wants to avoid potential legal problems as well as bad publicity. But also because Hasbro just plain don't want kids getting hurt, dagnabbit.

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, my Alpha Trion's left wing doesn't unfold properly because the rubber is so bendy. Not that I transform him much - he mainly stays in robot mode.

16. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

I like both versions

17. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

Thank God for Japan and China thats all i can say

18. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Despite the differences I hav'ent felt cheated by cybertron vector prime. He's got three electronic sounds. (cyber kek, move the right arm up, move right arm up with cyber key), a good missle launcher, safeguard mincon, and the sword.

That's alot of gimmickry for a voyager, the transform gets alot of slag for being simple. but it looks like a spaceship, it has windows and laser cannons and wings, the head is hidden away. (stab at cybertron metroplex)

I love it and don't really care if takara had better paint apps or materials. At least we had the option of not importing.

19. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Huh. I kinda thought this thread would've died by now.

I hit a stroke of good luck, as I early birded Takara Galaxy Force Vector Prime and Starsceam from HLJ when pre-orders for them popped up, figuring I'd get the ones that came later as they popped up for far cheaper, and in english. Sure enough, when Cybertron rolled around half a year later, Vector Prime got screwed, and Starscream was a no show.

In all honesty, I'm glad I got "the real" Galaxy Force Vector Prime, as I did get Cybertron Galaxy Force Vector Prime and Alpha Trion, and was disapointed by the wings and bendy sword. In addition, I dislike Hasbro's trend to faction label all the figures, and like having him without a faction symbol.

Personally, I like all three. Cybertron Galaxy Force is neat to me because it's as close as we're going to get to the original prototype art. Alpha Trion is Alpha freaking Trion, and Galaxy Force Vector Prime is a neat figure as well.

20. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I had that problem, too. There's likely a bit of excess plastic interfering with the joint. If you just trim it with an exacto knife it should work fine.