Galaxy Force Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lonewolf, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Never saw what hit 'em!

Just like the other time with my question about the Takara version a Vector Prime.

Do you think the Takara version of Starscream is worth it ?
    I already own the "Super Starscream" US version, and I'm wondering if I should buy the Takara one ?

Please no "get the cybertron 2-pack". I don'T want a Thrust colored SS.

Thanks for your thoughts

2. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would say yes. There are enough diffrences between the to that make it a worthwhile purchase. Colors are slightly diffrent, transformation is smoother on the small one, forcechip gimick works diffrently (super uses a diffrent insert per arm, GF uses a centraly located one in the back that activates both arms at the same time like the show).

3. skywarp

skywarp The extra Autobot

I thought so. For me it is my only GF figure, the rest of mine are cybertron. I ordered it back when the news was just coming out of none of the size for the US. So ordered mine and have been happy ever since.

Wel worth it.

4. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Thers nothing wrong with the TRU version really. He may appear to be "Thrust colored" but when you have him in your hands he just screams Starscream. Besides, even though Starscream has always been one of my favorite charcters I never did like his color scheme. To me it didn't match his personality in any incarnation. His colors were just a roll over from his Diaclone version in which he was a "good guy". The darker red and silver fit him much better. But thats just my opinion.

Point is, don't knock it until you have him in your hands.

5. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i have both and i'd say yes...

while super 'scream its frikkin huge and looks great, the figure works really well at the smaller size too.

6. Sepultron

Sepultron .

Definitely YES. If you're looking to buy, JRS Toyworld has it for a pretty decent price right now (or last I checked).

7. Lonewolf

Thanks guys, as always your insights are most appreciated

8. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd say go for it. I prefer the smaller size, and from what I've seen (I don't have the super, just seen it in TRU displays and stuff) it's a lot more in scale. More fitting for its size, y'know? Plus like Sepultron said I think JRS has 'em pretty cheap right now.

9. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

Me too. It is totally worth it. It is one of the best molds of the line and it looks much nicer next to the other toys IMO. I don't have the Supreme version, but I would guess that he's just a lot more fun at the Voyager size.

10. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have and cherish all three versions of that mold, Giant, GF, and TRU 2 pack.

The GF and TRU 2 pack version are the best.

11. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I have the GF version as well. I got a good deal on it, but I also really wanted a Starscream that is in scale with the rest of the toys. I like it. It's not my favorite mold, but it is good.

12. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

I would have settled for the reverse colored one in the TRU two pack, but I didn't want a Hasbro Vector Prime. So I went Takara for both of them. No way in hell I'm buying the lame supreme Starscream, even at the recent $11 Target clearance price. At least when Beast Machines made supreme versions of toys that already existed in normal sizes, they got new mold designs and not merely a scaled up version of the existing one.

13. Lonewolf

The price is interesting, but the shipping isn't, I live in Canada and shipping would be nearly 21$ USD for me

14. hipen

hipen Maniac. Not Really

hey I'm new here and i was thinking of purchasing a GF starscream and I just want to ask what's JRS? if someone could explain to me thanks! and if it has a website too.

15. Asuran

Asuran Well-Known Member

JRS Toyworld is an Internet Toy store. A very good one at that for Transformers.

www.jrstoyworld.com