Galaxy Force Platinum Factor Micron

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by flywheels, Sep 13, 2005.

1. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks to a friend of mine, I finally got my Platinum Factor Micron from Yahoo! Japan Auctions. It was still kind of hard to burn $25 on one single Micron/Mini-Con even though I dig helicopters.

I still believe this is one of the best (if not THE best) Micron/Mini-Con released thus far. After I bought the regular GF Micron Team release, I knew I had to have all of the various redecos of this mold. Platinum Factor stands in robot mode on my computer's CPU staring at me as I type. It was hard to tell from the small auction photos that the main body was cast of translucent clear plastic. I also didn't notice until I opened him up this morning that his head and the lower portion of his legs and feet were also cast in translucent plastic, this time yellow. Combined w/ the light brown plastic used for the thighs, arms and helicopter rotors (tail & blades) and the gold paint apps around the head dome make for a great looking redeco.

I highly recommend this toy if you can find it for a decent price. Total, I spent $25 and now that I have him he's worth every penny. Hopefully the prices will continue to fall a bit on the other 2 Platinum Microns so I can complete my set.

2. Shokaract

Shokaract Banned

the helicopter redeco's name is Factor, Element is the racecare

3. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for bring that to my attention. Name changed...

4. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

What's the name of the last one? Was it released yet?

I really like what I've seen of Factor and Element. They're not just another of Takara's usual, blah-looking all-gold repaints, but something cool and regal. The unique gold color scheme make them nice little display pieces on their own, not just another Micron to stick into a peg. They're cool exclusives that I really like, and would get all three if I was able.

5. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    Platinum Material

It is being sold with Megalo Convoy at the end of September at Japanese TRU's, or so says Ryan at Fan-2-Fan (whom I believe).

I'd love to get my hands on Platinum Material. He looks bad ass.

6. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Makes sense (since I just saw the Takara site update news). All the Platinum members are from TRU as far as I know, which is always a good thing because TRU exclusives tend to be the least expensive and rare. On the other hand you have guys like Graviton from the Hellflame team, who can go for $60+ on his own because he was at a much smaller chain.

7. Bluestreak_wi

Bluestreak_wi Blaster Master

The SUV is definitely the best mold of the 3.

8. Shokaract

Shokaract Banned

they look really good with Ligerjack, too bad he doesn't have any minicon ports