Galaxy Force manga Mission 01 translated! (30 pages)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by DrSpengler, Sep 11, 2007.

1. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

Touchdown! Galaxy Convoy

It's amazing how the formula for Transformers manga has hardly changed a bit in 20 years. I went from translating Super Robot Life manga straight to Galaxy Force manga and didn't miss a beat. Convoy is STILL screaming about BURNING JUSTICE MUST SUCCEED and the good will of Earth children powers Autobots like they're an army of Gameras.

And if you thought that Simon Furman liked to use "..." a lot, then wait til you read *this* thing. I actually *reduced* the number for my translation but there's *still* a crapload of them.

Still, the art's rather cool.

Also, special thanks should go out to LoneGamer8 who supplied me with scans of the entire Galaxy Force manga series, which I will eventually translate for your amusement.

So, um, "enjoy"...?

2. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Megatron Sama: "Spring time of Youth" ka? Fuzukena Convoy-tachi!

Out of the three series with minicons I actually like Galaxy Force, I liked it a lot actually so ill probably check this out later.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    yoshihiro iwamoto's story-telling ability has really gone downhill. the whole thing's story is too rushed. his work on Rockman X was much, much better.

4. KingForm

KingForm Banned

heh, thats pretty neat. It would be something neat to read if you don't have a lot of time to sit down and watch Galaxy Force.

How many chapters does this manga have?

5. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

6 Missions plus a goofy "Mission 00" which features fanart and behind the scenes comic strips by the artist.

From what I understand, the series was cancelled and never completed, so there's no closure. It ends on the Jungle Planet with the introduction of Scourge and Leo Breaker (can't remember the Japanese names, sorry...I never watched the show).