Galaxy Force episodes now on YouTube!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by AutobotMarine, Feb 28, 2008.

1. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    I dunno if this is news worthy. But DarkRebelion06 upon Youtube is currently uploading all of the Galaxy Force episodes. Check out his profile for the episodes:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkRebelion06

If you can endure subtitles, and yes they are subtitled; watch them. Especially episode 1.

2. BetaSword

BetaSword Well-Known Member

lemme guess: he's using TV-Nihons Subs, right?

3. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    Galaxy Force sucks. And the eps have been up on multiple sites. But if you enjoys it, whatevs.

4. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    You know... as compared to some of the US Cybertron episodes, Galaxy Force in some aspects is way better. Especially as I've previously mentioned... for episode 1. Look at the hack job they did upon episode 1 of Cybertron "Fallen", then compare that to Galaxy Force episode 1 "Planet Seibertron destroyed?!".

But then again, I happen to love both series in general.

5. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Galaxy Force is superior to Cybertron.

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    The hack job wouldn't have happened if those morons at Takara had simply done their jobs and produced the cartoon the way Hasbro laid it all out, instead of taking initiative and changing crap around soley to suit themselves. Retards, now your company no longer exists.

Hahaha.

Both series are incredibly boring, either way, and (no offense to TV-Nihon), but the painfully literal sub is kind of annoying to read from an english-speaking, non-anime watching perspective. For god's sake, just say the equivalent english word instead of saying typing out the japanese word and then offering a split-second lesson in translation at the top of the screen.

7. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

Quiet you, Galaxy Force rules.

Seriously though, I find those literal translations only slightly bothersome, but they're particularily awkward in the case of Victory where the autobots have so painfully stiff dialogue it just NEEDS a liberal translation job. Why can't the characters have friendly relationships a lá Ironhide/Prime where the autobots could address each other in first name basis, but Victory makes me think they've just forgotten each others' names and try to conceal it...

8. Rizzlemus_Prime

Rizzlemus_Prime Bounty Hunter

9. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Several series post G1

Headmasters (J) - which ignores TFTM as Japan didn't get it right away, and apparently isn't too bad a series.

Beast Wars followed by Beast Machines
    Beast Wars 2 (J) - fits in between I think - never seen
    ? aka Robots In Disguise/RiD
    ? aka Armada
    ? aka Energon
    Galaxy Force aka Cybertron
    And now, the well-known TF:Animated on cartoon network & similar channels in the world.

I couldn't watch RiD or A/E/C - the dubbing was just painful to listen to, the transformation animation was repetitive, and until recently, I hadn't been able to get any of the originals to read subs to see if the story was much better.
    To be fair though - I am also so far from the target demographics these days, compared to G1 or even BW... wow - 10 years each incarnation... that if I didn't have a small son, I wouldn't even know about RiD or AEC.

10. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

Ignores, how exactly?

TFTM actually is part of the Japanese continuity as well; despite not "getting it right away", most people there had a general idea of the events of the film thanks to the plenty coverage it received in the magazines at the time. Why it didn't get there until 1989, well, I guess it had something to do with the movie being a box office bomb in the west...

The only thing Headmasters ignores is the season 4. Plus, it's followed by Super-God Masterforce, Victory and Zone, each of which take the continuity even farther away from the American concepts (Funnily enough, the Dinoforce pretenders are actually pretty close to the American concept in that the shell and the inner robot are two individuals).

11. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    I was always under the impression that Takara wanted it as a trilogy but Gonzo instead made the anime its own continuity?

12. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    filled in a lot of the blanks.

after watching the first episode of Galaxyforce. i'm prepared to let it lie now. I've been enjoying the torrents of Animated far more than the past few series.

13. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

Victory is best enjoyed in very, very small doses.

Like...one episode. Per month.

Anyone accusing the American cartoon of being repetitive needs to watch Victory.

14. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    I like repetitiveness lol. I was brought up on 1990s japanese kid anime and most of them were the same every week.

15. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    speaking of which is there seiyuu/voice actor info for Galaxy Force?

16. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Original Japanese Cast (Galaxy Force)
    Daisuke Hirakawa - Exillion/Exigeyser
    Eriko Hirata - Lori's Mother
    Hideo Ishikawa - Dreadrock
    Hiroaki Hirata - Gasket, Live Convoy
    Hisao Egawa Jackshot/Ligerjack
    Houko Kuwashima - Hop
    Jin Domon - Nitro Convoy
    Jouji Nakata - Master Megatron, Master Galvatron
    Junichi Suwabe - Tim
    Kazunari Tanaka - Thundercracker
    Kei Kobayashi - Coby's Mother
    Kenichi Mochizuki - Autolander, Coby's Father , Autovolt, Blender
    Machiko Toyoshima - Prof. Lucy Suzuki
    Masafumi Kimura - Dino Shout, Road Storm, Megalo Convoy
    Masahiko Tanaka - Saidos
    Masako Taki - President
    Nami Kurokawa - Bud
    Nanae Kato - Skids
    Natsuko Kuwatani - Chromia
    Norio Wakamoto - Flame Convoy
    Rika Morinaga - Lori
    Rintarou Nishi - Colonel Franklin
    Sho Hayami - Vector Prime, Narrator
    Susumu Chiba - Noisemaze
    Taiten Kusunoki - Galaxy Convoy
    Takaya Kuroda - Starscream
    Takayasu Usui - Inch Up, Sonic Bomber
    Taketora - Demolishor, Buzz Saw, Soundwave
    Tarusuke Shingaki - Backpack/Backgild
    Tesshō Genda - Primus
    Tomoyuki Shimura - Guardshell, Kickback
    Toshihiko Nakajima - Landbullet/Armbullet
    Yasuyuki Kase - First Aid/First Gunner, Terashaver
    Yukiko Tamaki - Coby
    Yuto Kazama - Fang Wolf, Mole Dive

There you go! ;) 

17. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    The subtitles are a bit bothersome most of the time. My problem with Galaxy Force is just the repetiviness of speech. They seem to say similar quotes over and over again, kind of like Energon a bit. Just not as much. Cybertron however had funnier quotes and slightly more creative writing, and the voices despite some of their quality; sounded more unique. The only voices I like in Galaxy Force was Galaxy Convoy, Chromia, and Dreadrock's voice. Especially Chromia, she sounded 20 times better than that bitchy Thunderblast. But then again, Galaxy Force had some good moments. Remember than Chromia sang at those guys upon that Naval ship?

Theme song-wise, Cybertron had a more captivating beat, Galaxy Force has better singing. They both almost equally win, but I like the Cybertron theme more.

I'd have to concur. One thing that messed up Galaxy Force, they decided to changed their minds after the series was launched to make this series tied with Unicron. The Japanese made a huge mistake by not going by Hasbro's intentions. This series would have been even better if there were more ties with the previous shows.

18. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    It's a common misconception that the movie was ignored in series such as Headmasters. Japan didn't get the movie until August 1989, and the various discrepancies between it and subsequent Japan-only Generation 1 fiction are largely a matter of the Japanese animators and writers being unaware of the precise details of the movie. The only part of US G1 cartoon fiction ignored in the japanese series was The Rebirth.

If anybody else is wondering, no, the movie was not called 'Matrix Forever' in Japan. Matrix Forever was a 20-minute video created to promote the Japanese release of the movie, but some Western (and even Japanese) fans have been confused into thinking that the movie itself was renamed 'Matrix Forever.

If this is so, then that would say something about the client (Takara and WE'VE) not having control over the contracted firm (Gonzo) doing the work they were paid to do. Given that the changes impacted both Hasbro and Takara's plans, they should have taken their business elsewhere.

19. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    My bad, I thought you meant Cybertron (US) and not GF (Japan). I wasnt a fan of a lot of the characters, but it would be fun to see it subtitled.

20. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

I liked a lot of the decepticon voices, especially Starscream. Master Megatron wasn't bad either, I thought his voice was suitably insidious.