Heavy/Scratch: Galaxy Convoy MKII

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by minsok, Mar 30, 2011.

1. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

2. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    not diggin this one :D ... but there's room for improvement right?
    bot-mode kinda ok looking... but ALT... well... eh.. *comment error*

3. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

The bot mode looks really good when it's not deformed by a useless camera. I kind of like the alt mode, it looks pretty aggressive. Anyway, he's in the early stages still, I think you'll eat your words down the line. If he does end up failing, he'll be assimilated into http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/386883-omega-mkii.html. Win-win.

4. G60Force

Ebay:
    O I will I'm not worried a bit ;)  Good luck bro!

5. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Update, he's in one piece now. His vehicle mode still has a lot of gaps and the tires are about half an inch from the ground... Anyway, his robot mode looks really good.

6. G60Force

Ebay:
    yeah robot mode looks kickass :D 

7. Forgotten_Prime

Forgotten_Prime Till All Are One

i like the idea.
    if this idea falls thow try agen with a non prime.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Can't say I feel this... at all. The proportions seem a tad exaggerated for such a "standard" design, and the vehicle mode is... well. Probably doesn't help that in my opinion Galaxy Convoy's design was one of the best Prime designs ever, so altering it seems... not right.

What is this for? Like who is it going to be?

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think one thing minsok has proven is that the end products of his projects are really leaps and bounds beyond the first stages. He's done this in a relatively short time here with his work.

Keep up the good work, man :thumb 

10. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Mostly going for this: [​IMG]
    It's heavily stylized and not chunky. I wanted mine to be less aerodynamic, though, no flight modes. I think these proportions are more "natural", his original proportions have been bothering me forever since there's a lot screwed up to accommodate his dwarf mode. His empty back, too high center of balance, and blocky calves have all been corrected. I appreciate your honesty, though, it's nice to hear something different.

11. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Update, changed a lot of things. Made his backpack and new gun sort of combine into a drone robot and did a bunch of things that probably weren't needed, like shortening him.

12. Notilator

Notilator Xenomorph4

Awesome! Love the waist, and neck articulation, funny how many updated figures were seeing lately from g1 to galaxy force! I love it! Also I never really liked this incarnation of prime, but man am I in love with it thanks to you :D 

13. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Yeah, I forgot to mention the waist articulation lets the cab turn like a futuristic semi.

14. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Update. Decided to throw away all the unnecessary parts and streamline this guy, focusing on making the vehicle mode better. I think it's a nice homage to his semi/trailer. Waiting for special joints and lucite spheres to finish him off.

15. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

It shows promise and ingenuity. Can't wait to see the final product.

16. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

This concept would work well as Magnus too... food for thought right there :D 
    I love it!

17. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

I know it's a lot to expect common courtesy on the internet, but some of you guys need to keep in mind that we've put hours into creating these customs and we don't appreciate your negative opinions. At all. Keep your pointless deconstructive comments to yourselves. If you want to make suggestions on how to improve something, that's constructive and different. I know I speak for all of us customizers when I say that these kind of comments are thoughtless and serve no purpose other than making us not want to share our work. Thanks for the rest of you who were more supportive.

Anyway, enough lecturing. Tweaked some things and now his cannons can be used and stored a dozen different ways. He can also carry cars. I agree he'd make an awesome Magnus, but I don't like to do an entire repaint. I need to bulk him up in places, and I'm sawing off his hands now. I have a lot of faith in this thing.

18. Mega-Prime 316

Mega-Prime 316 Well-Known Member

I for one see a vast amount of potential in this and I think it could be a pretty kickass bot! Looks good, keep going on this!

19. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Looks great, I am impressed on how you can make him more articulated and dynamic. Being an articulation nut myself, I say your work here is top notch.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Look buddy, I'm not trying to pick on you, but you invite all responses when you post your custom on a public message board for all to see and comment on. Everyone's entitled to their opinion and is allowed to share it. You can't stop that. And the worst thing you can do is confront it with hostility

Common courtesy is not telling people to go stuff their opinions just because they make you feel bad. As I said, this is a public forum and people have a right to voice their opinions. And to simply wave off naysayers as deconstructive or "pointless" is exceedingly rude and small-minded. We did not point out the flaws in your work to put you down, but to bring our misgivings to light in hopes of improvement. We did nothing wrong by pointing out what we thought were areas for improvement. Your response however (nearly a year after the fact and the second one directed at me, the first having been respectable in supporting your artistic choices and accepting my critisism while reinforcing your vision, which I had no problem with as you did so politely) was very uncalled for.

If you can't take critisism, constructive or not, then maybe you shouldn't post your work. I'd prefer you do, though, so that people can comment on, and yes, critisize and watch your project grow and adapt for the better. If no one offered critisism in the world nothing would be improved, and if everyone got bent out of shape over every negative comment towards their work these forums would be a wasteland. You can't expect blind praise all the time. You are going to get critisism, that's a fact. Better to accept it and use it to improve your work rather than merely waving it off. At least this critisism pointed out the percieved shortcomings of your work (the vehicle mode and proportions, things that can be fixed with, consiering what you've done thuis far, minimal effort) and wasn't just "it sucks."