Galaga Legions

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I downloaded the demo for this and almost immediately bought the full game. It's a lot of fun and interestingly enough adds a new dimension to the Dual Stick shooters, in that your satellites act independently one you drop them off and give them a direction to shoot. But you can call them back whenever you want. So when you see the bad guys materializing, you can set up your sats in a formation that will help you defend.

Like most Arcade ports nowadays, the game is very psycadelic and sports a cool sound track. I spent some of my CC points on it, so I need to refuel my points to 1200 this weekend, but it's a worthwhile little arcade.

2. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    sounds/looks pretty awesome. i will download the demo for sure.

3. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I had the exact opposite reaction. Galaga is one of my favorite games ever. I figured Galaga Legions would be a surefire buy for me. But I downloaded the demo first, and it was a huge disappointment. It's not terrible by any means, don't get me wrong, but it's essentially been turned into a puzzle game now in which you place your satellites in the optimum position before a wave starts coming on screen. The skills comes not in accuracy of shots or dodging bullets and diving bugs, but in memorizing where to put the satellites so they can do all the work for you. I didn't like it much. It's okay, but given that the same team created the inspired Pac-Man CE, I expected a lot more.

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Same here, not too thrilled over the new gameplay style.
    Good game , but did'nt feel too Galagy

5. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    I'm liking it, and I used to play Galaga up to ying yang. It's effing hard.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was my first favorite arcade, and while I wanted an update like Space Invaders for the handhelds (Where it's the same basic gameplay but with new elements), I also wanted this to be a bit more. The same swarms of bad guys coming in waves, but with a different approach to defeating them. The only thing I hope is that the original is unlockable.

7. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I wouldn't count on it. They already sell the original on XBLA. Similar scenario to this team's previous game, Pac-Man CE, which didn't have the original unlockable either.