Galactica returns in...WHAT!? 2008!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ops_was_a_truck, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Just saw the last episode for a longass while. WOW.

IF YOU'RE A WHINY PISSYPANTS AND LIKE TO CRYRYRY ABOUT BEING SPOILED, DON'T READ BELOW

So...there are 5 final Cylons. We now know who the final four are - Tyrol, Anders, Tigh and the Indian broad who works for Roslynn. Is Roslynn the 5th? ...and WTF!? Kara's been to EARTH!? This is too much, man!

2. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    All that, crazy for sure.

Also, I dont think those 4 will wind up being Cylons. I think its just a thing to ponder on over the summer. I mean, year.

2008, Fucking ridiculous. These networks need to get their shit in better order.

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    The longass gap sort of makes sense; they were off the air for about that long (actually, less, I think) between season 2.5 and season 3. Still...March to JANUARY!? From the consumer standpoint, boo. From the TV production standpoint, well...I can kinda see why; they are doing a big-budget scifi movie series on a TV screen. I figure Galactica takes a looooooooot of postprod work and effort to look the way it does.

4. Code of Honor

Code of Honor TT Decepticon

I just saw it myself I can't believe it.

5. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    The Hendrix tune was a neat touch, though. I wonder if that's going to be the theme when they return.

6. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

I do wonder if Ms President is supposed to be the final. They definitely played at something when she swayed before the power outage. I figure they'd just say Kara. Hmm, who knows. I do have a problem with Tigh though. He's been fighting the Cylons since before they even were flesh. Makes me wonder WHAT the 5 are. I'm starting to think software. Possibly installed in 5 humans. Ship of Lights Cylons even? Installed themselves for purposes other than the regular Cylons would know. Then again RDM and crew could've just flat out lied to us about the 5 being revealed at all, and these 4 are something different.

7. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Words fail.......

8. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Well, I watched seasons 1-3 right before this season started, and then went right into this. So im spoiled I guess. Sonofa!

9. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

As soon as I saw the Viper's engines, I knew it was Kara. I went back and watched her return scene again and, as thrilled as I was to see her again, the calmness in her voice as she told Lee that it would be alright was downright unsettling. I can't help but feel that something's not right. Her Viper clearly exploded in Maelstrom, where did she get the Viper from? How did it have an FTL drive? I don't think Vipers have FTL drives. Did she build it from scratch on Earth? I love me some Kara but I got a bad feeling about this.

But that was easily one of the best episodes in the series. Lee's forgiven speech was incredible. And I don't really think Tyrol, Anders, Tigh and whatshername are Four of the Final Five. It's too easy.

It's going to be a long 10 months.

10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    This reminds me of when the Borg assimilated Picard and everybody was all like "We have to wait THE WHOLE SUMMER to find out what happens!?"

Yeah, me too. Something ain't right there. Kara's...an apparition, maybe? Perhaps she ends up being Lee's Cylon Brain Buddy, like Baltar and Six?

11. Switch625

I was just thinking that same thing. I hold the Locutus of Borg cliffhanger as the single best cliffhanger in the history of television and this comes really really close to matching it.

12. Depthcharge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think j3 has a good theory there.... that the final 5 are more like software. Maybe a failed earlier attempt by the Cylons to become human.

I think something else is at play here as well and that there is a 3rd party that is responsible for taking and returning Kara.

The new battlestar series has borrowed quite a bit from the key events of the original series and this most recent story arch has very very strong parallels to the episodes "War of the Gods" from the original series. Look here if you're interested in seeing what I mean and maybe getting a spoiler about whats to come.

http://www.battlestargalactica.com/classicguide.htm

13. Switch625

The Galactica draedus didn't spot her, or at least they didn't mention it... only Lee noticed. And he was there when she "died." And aside from Helo asking who was in Viper 3, nobody else had a reaction to Lee being back on duty. He's a civilian now and you'd think someone would have tried to stop him.

14. Switch625

I read on some other board how there's a theory that she's become something called a Seraph, which was used largely on Galactica 1980. They even resemble the Final Five, with the glowing white robes and all. I don't remember much at all about that show except that it was awful, so I don't know if they're on to something or not.

15. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    I'm willing to forgive that for plot convenience. Still, the fact that only Lee spotted Kara on the draedus makes this awfully interesting. I keep thinking about the fact that Kara spotted something on her OWN draedus before buying the farm. WHAT COULD IT POSSIBLY MEAN!? :( 

16. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

sigh I really gotta catch up I'm still on season one

17. Code of Honor

Code of Honor TT Decepticon

He's the kage, and he knows how to fly a viper, they need all the help they can get.

18. Depthcharge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, the episodes I was referring to only involved the "Ship of Lights" which is presumably a 3rd party... maybe aliens or humans from Earth. Its entirely possible that this 3rd party has been responsible for the "brain buddy" 6 and Baltar all this time as well, kind of silently steering events for both the Cylons and the human fleet.

Thats another good theory that Kara is now an apparition that Lee is going to start seeing.

19. Switch625

I guess it could be explained that they're always short on pilots and it is Apollo, so I guess there is some leeway there. I really hope Kara isn't in Lee's head like Six was in Baltar's, but for right now, I'm just happy believing that Kara's alive and well.

20. Depthcharge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, as for Lee getting into a Viper I have no question there.... nobody on the flight deck was going to stop him from hopping in and joining the fight, especially not after the big power outage and all the chaos that it drummed up. Questions like that come later, for if/when he returns in one piece.