Gain old abilities in FF4DS.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Rodimus Prime, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

http://www.siliconera.com/2007/09/13/learn-new-abilities-in-ffiv-ds/

The scan:

http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/ffivscan.jpg

2. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    I didn't know Rydia was that hot...

3. wolfnfox

wolfnfox Well-Known Member

Don't know if I'll get this. Played the original a lot but the game has been released a few times in the past few years. Plus all these new add ins may make the game easier.

It is a good engine though, frankly they should make a whole new game with it rather than rehashing stuff that's already been done.

4. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

At least your talking about grown up Rydia.

5. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Why come DS gets the good final fantasy remakes?

It's bullshit is what it is.

6. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

PSP is getting final fantasy tactics. That game is going to kick ass.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Technically (as technical as you can get for an old video game) Rydia was a little girl...

Anyway, this game is the reason why I'm buying a DS... though I am praying beyond belief for a similar treatment of 6.

Final Fantasy 1 and 2 on the PSP might be remakes of older games, but hey are pretty as hell and look better than I've ever played them, and Tactics next month is no walk in the park by any means. Also, albiet not a remake, Crisis Core is probably the only FF7 followup that doesn't suck.

Square is spreading the love fairly, I think. But damn....6.......6..... I hope they remake 6.

8. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They already re-released 6 recently on the GBA, I have it.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Remake bra.. Yeah I have that one on the Gameboy, PS1, SNES and 3DO, and the Jaguar.. I just mean a graphical and musical (and even script) remake.

10. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd honestly rather see them tackle other projects, rather than re-make a game they re-released just a couple years back.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A sequel to 6 would send me to the hospital in a coma.

12. RandomFerret

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

vs

[​IMG]

I'd hardly say that's an even trade. The PSP version is the exact same game as the gba version, except the sprites are anti-aliased. The DS versions have 3d cutscenes and stuff! I WANT THAT STUFF!

except don't make Locke look like such a ladyboy.

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel your pain Ferret, especially when you show Revant Wings (a very awsome sequel to FF12), but I'm pretty happy with Crisis Core and FF Tactics coming. But honestly if 7 were remade on a handheld, I would prefer the PSP, because I don't want compressed audio and video to save room. The same goes for 6. The DS does a decent little job with 3D graphics, but it doesn't hold up in the least to the PSP's capabilities.

14. gil

gil Godmaster

True, but why would they start with Final Fantasy 6 or 7? They should have started with FF3. The PSP is way behind the DS in sales so in Square's eyes, they can sell more FF games through the DS instead of the PSP. FF6 on the PSP may sell a lot, and might even get people to get a PSP, but Square's job is not to sell PSPs, but to sell their games. And putting the game on the DS is a no brainer.

As far as the DS not holding up in the least to the PSP's capabilities, it makes me wonder. What if games like FF3-6, Castlevanias DoS and PoR, Megaman ZX, the Phoenix Wright games (I'm thinking animated cartoons), the upcoming Contra game and so on were made for the PSP (along with the upgraded graphics) instead of the DS? Would the DS still be killing the PSP in sales with only their 1st party games and DS specific titles?

15. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

where did that picture come from? i only remember the psx fmv where locke and terra had blonde hair...

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's Vahn and Penelo from 12, not Locke and Celes.

It would still be killing the PSP on sales, but like the PS1, it would slowly gradiate to the PSP. Nintendo can sell toilet paper with their name on it in Japan and get people to buy it. Because the argument people used at launch, that the PSP had no games and just rehashes of old games could have easily been applied to the DS as well.... The launch title wasn't a rehash... it was the actualy Mario 64.. So how could anyone point fingers at a new ridge Racer, a new Wipeout, and a new Twisted Metal, when the launch title for the DS was a 7+ year old game? But none of that matter. A new gameboy is like the second coming in Japan, so maybe with all of those titles you mentioned, PSP would boost in sales (look what little Crisis Core and Monster hunter did), but it would take a while before it completely dwarved the DS.

17. RandomFerret

News Credits:
    Yeah, total fake pic. But it illustrates the difference between the two handheld versions.

(I couldn't find a pic of ff3 or 4 being played on an actual ds.)

18. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

I actually don't care for the 3D remakes. I'd rather have a 2D remake that upgrades the animation.