Gah! I hate my comic shop.

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by CripNite, Jul 19, 2007.

1. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    So I go in there a few weeks ago to get the Sinestro Corps special, which I hadn't added to my box because I FIGURED (my bad) that they would realize that it would be a hot item and get lots of copies in. So of course, the guy says they got in 3 copies, all of which sold. So I ask him to put me down for the reprint, which he does, on the list of pull-list add/subtracts.

So this week, when the 2nd printing is supposed to be out, I go in and it's not there. So I ask the guy (this isn't he same one as before, he's the manager) and he says he thinks he came in LAST week. So he goes over to the older comics rack and looks, pulling out last week's Green Lantern. I say "no, the Sinestro Corps SPECIAL" and he continues to say that they came in LAST week. I tell him no, it was supposed to be here THIS week. TODAY. I tell him that I had requested one. So he goes over and starts flipping through this recept book that they use for special orders and I tell him, "No, that guy put me down on the add/subtract list". To which he replies "That's not for reprints, that's probably why you didn't get it". I look him dead in the eye and say, pointing across the store at the guy who did it "That guy put in me on that list". He doesn't apologize or anything, he just starts writing me down in the receipt book and tells me I'll have to wait for the 3rd printing, unless the other two stores in the next town have any copies left.

BOOOOO. So the guy who, 4 months ago, ordered in the Ninja Turtle movie books for me when I didn't request them, because he figured I'd want them when I didn't, now decides that he's not going to guess what his customers want anymore? He's so fucking out of touch with the comics community at large that he can't see that something like that special is going to sell well?

Bah. That's my rant.

2. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

Truely, that is frustrating. Ultimately, though, its his loss of business. Time to find another shop.

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah, I love my guy and drive way out of way to keep going to him--largely 'cause of his flexibility with my pull list.

I'd change stores and deal with driving to another town.

4. CripNite

News Credits:
    I'm so not driving and hour and a half both ways just to get comics. It's not the next town, it's like 4 towns away.

Anyone know of any good online (Canadian) comic shops?

5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I missed an issue last week, and my comic shop called the other stores in the chain till they found it. I get it in my pulls next week. I frikken love my store. I used to drive back from college to get my pulls there once a month. It was a four hour drive. Great employees, great service and 20% off everything in the store

6. bushboy

bushboy Hardcore Decepticon

I love my shop. All I did was call in and they grabbed an issue I wanted right off the shelf and put it in my box.

7. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

My shop is ok. My guy is terrible about pulling the stuff that actually on my list. I'll get the most random shit sometimes and he won't pull stuff actually on my list. He usually has everything so I just grab it anyways, but he's a really cool guy that I've known for several years so I don't sweat too much whenever he doesn't come through.

8. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Sinestro Corps reprint was delayed I believe. My shop had none and I got there right at opening.

9. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

10. Pwnbeaver

Pwnbeaver teh uber pwnage

I also love my shop. Guess what they did today? Put the 25 anniversary GI Joes on the shelves!

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I order online through Ace. No decent comic shops over here where I am right now, so it's the only way. Just got my Sinestro Corps special yesterday, in fact.

12. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    For comics I head to the nearest Forbidden Planet.
    Theyre prices arent that bad. (No more than about £3 for most TF comics)

Also, they have each issue in usually the same week it hits stateside.

13. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like my guy. Matt is a nice stand up guy. Always pulls my comics. Occasionally will see something in my intrests (I only get Army of Darkness and TF comics (and toyfare)) but he will put one aside for me if he sees something I'd like.

14. CripNite

News Credits:
    Okay, so they're not too bad... I went yesterday and they finally had a copy of Sinestro War for me (and a FIRST printing cover, to boot).

Now lets see how they do with the Tales of the Sinestro Corps one shots.