GA conventions?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by nexus_maximus, Apr 16, 2010.

1. nexus_maximus

nexus_maximus Banned

Ebay:
    does any one know of any GA conventions or near here cuz it is hard to get to cali witha wife and three kids.lol give me your thoughts

2. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Botcon is in FL this time around....

3. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    There's Dragon*Con at the end of August, Anime Weekend Atlanta in September, and Wizard World Atlanta was just announced for the beginning of December. I can't speak for Wizard World since this'll be it's first year in Georgia but the other two have a noticeable to decent TF presence.

Also, bumping this over to the Conventions and Get Togethers forum.

4. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting....I am glad you said that. I plan on going to DragonCon for the first time this year....Hope I find some good stuff!

5. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I wouldn't hold my breath. When I say there's a presence, I mean that there's some TF-stuff to do like a panel or two and whatever ATL area TFWers that decide on showing up. If you're looking for merchandise, the most you're going to find in the dealer's room are current off-the-shelf toys and copies of posters and prints. All of which'll be overpriced.

6. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    @nexus_maximus Always nice to have another GA TFW fan, so welcome.

I really enjoy Dragon*Con, but as shibamura_prime said the TF presence there is rather weak. StylinOnline usually has a huge booth with lots of TF apparel, but otherwise TF stuff is slim pickings among the other vendors. 2009 was my biggest haul ever of TF stuff at D*C, yet all I got was some T-shirts, a set of ROTF movie cards, and a couple of RiD toys that were MISB (which were a fantastic combo deal I just couldn't pass on).

At Anime Weekend Atlanta, I got a couple TF Revoltechs and did a trade with one of the vendors for a re-issue Soundwave. Wasn't much else TF-related worth noting, but I also was only there for a day and a half because I had to go out of town.

I suggest you subscribe to the Georgia Sightings Thread. I regularly post ATL-area events -- they're not necessarily TF related though.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-sightings/86537-georgia-transformers-sightings-267.htm

I also maintain a list of places to shop for TFs, but it's mostly focused on the Atlanta area:

Voiceroy's list of stores in Georgia (focusing on the Atlanta and surrounding-areas) that sell TF-related stuff

We have an Atlanta-area group of TF fans as well, but it's been like 2 years since we did a meet-up. It's linked in the thread above.

7. nexus_maximus

nexus_maximus Banned

Ebay:
    I wont be able to make it to botcon considering where it is but i would love to go to a GA TF convention if anyone knows of one around GA or TN maybe even AL if they have heard of TFs lol

8. TRANSJAZZ

TRANSJAZZ Fighting Cancer RIP 10/31/16 Veteran

News Credits:
    I do not believe that are any TF conventions in GA this year but I do believe there is a comic convention in ATL and they usually have some TF stuff there.

9. grimlockprime

grimlockprime Well-Known Member

yeah dragoncon is a yearly con in atlanta in addition to AWA that are held in the fall

10. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

Nothing specific for TF. Might see some stuff at DC, but if your not into gaming, anime, etc its not worth going to just to try and find TF stuff.

There is the Atlanta Comic Convention. Its every few months or so I think. I haven't been to one in a long time but last time I went was some toy dealers with some figures but no idea what kind of selection to expect. Might go check out the next one.

11. Soundwave_X

Soundwave_X Assassin/Vault Hunter

dragoncon 2010

i'm going to dragoncon this year. It's in 18 days!

12. Soundwave_X

Soundwave_X Assassin/Vault Hunter

dragoncon 2010

I'm going to dragoncon this year. It's in 18 days!

13. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits: