G4TV Action Blast to feature Beast Wars and Cybertron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by imported_Tony_Bacala, Jan 2, 2006.

1. imported_Tony_Bacala

imported_Tony_Bacala Guest

<a href="http://www.g4tv.com" target="_blank">G4TV</a> premiered their new show "Action Blast" today at 8 AM. I personally missed it, but according to <a href="http://forums.g4tv.com/messageview.cfm?catid=24&threadid=538043&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=" target="_blank">this thread</a> over at the G4TV Forums, the show was a mixed mash version of several shows, including Kajiu Big Battel (a godzilla suit meets WWE fighting show from Japan), Bedaman, and <b>BEAST WARS</b> with snippets of <b>Cybertron</b> mixed in. If anyone else saw it, feel free to sound off about it by clicking discuss below. Action Blast is set to run every morning on G4TV at 8 AM. Check your local listings.

2. imported_Tony_Bacala

imported_Tony_Bacala Guest

3. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

Also of interest, there were no commercials.... which means this was a block of air time purchased by Hasbro. There was only one G4 commercial at the 30 min break. All breaks in BW was used to show clips from Cybertron.

4. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

I just wanted to interject that Kaiju Big Battel, as far as I can discern, is actually an idea (and show) that originated in the U.S., and in Boston specifically, if memory serves correctly. The first time I saw it, I too thought it was another new crazy Japanese thing and then bought the DVD and realized that it wasn't. Perhaps I'm wrong and it originated in Japan, but then somebody better tell the Americans to give credit where cerdit's due. Alas, if I only had cable, I could actually discuss the show properly.....

5. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    Kaiju Big Battle did originate here in the U.S. You can check out the background on it by going here: http://www.kaiju.com/

6. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

I apologize in advance, but I just have to say it:

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto!

7. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

And thank you Dennis DeYoung-san.

I caught a bit of it, and being both a tokusatsu buff and a TF fan, I was suprised and slightly aroused by the inclusion of Kaiju Big Battel. I wonder... maybe it's a bit of a variety show? Wouldn't it be kickass if the next episode featured a bit of something like Sazer X or Kamen Rider? Just a thought.

8. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

That would be neat, but assuming Hasbro's behind Action Blast, I can't imagine them releasing a single tokusatsu series just for the hell of it. Doesn't mean that wouldn't rock if the remote chance came true, though - personally, it would kick ass to see Ultraman Max on an American station!

9. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been watching Action Blast for the past few weeks but is it just me or do they have the same Kaiju battle on every damn day? I swear, if I have to see that stupid Rucky Charms battle one more time, I'm going to scream.

10. ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace What's gonna happen?

Ebay:
    I record it to the DVR every morning, and fast-forward until I see the BW intro, fast-forward through the "commercials" and stop it when the BW credits come up. So no, I haven't noticed if the Kaiju segments are reruns. :) 

It's great for me, though... I stopped paying attention to Transformers around the big Pretender domination of '88, and didn't get back in until the Vehicons showed up in stores. So this is a great free way for me to see Beast Wars for the first time. I am actually enjoying the series, though the talking animal scenes still seem a bit silly and I still don't want any of the toys.