G4 TV news blurb

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by protostar8, Jun 2, 2006.

1. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Probably nothing new, but G4 TV is running a quick news blurb about the TF movie. They showed pictures of Bumblebee in the garage and the same pictures of the decepticon police car that we've seen here. They also confirmed that Optimus will be a fire truck ( I hate this movie already ). Anyone else getting the vibe that they really aren't listening to the fans like they say they are. The fact that Optimus is a fire truck instead of an 18-wheeler cab (w/ or w/out trailer) is very disappointing to me and makes me think of Car Robots, which I didn't enjoy and never finished watching. Oh well, at least there's the new edition of the original movie to look forward to.

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    well I don't know about that Galaxy Force/Cybertron Prime is pretty awesome for a fire truck. I thought the fire truck idea was horrible at first too, but it grows on ya.

3. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    i think prime works as a fire truck, since they are symbols of rescue services along with ambulances and stuff.

thanks for the notice :) 

4. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

As long as he still looks like Prime in robot mode, I'm cool. Keep the head the same, keep the mouthguard, keep the helmet the same. Beyond that, I think the production team deserves some creative freedom. Changing his colors isn't a problem either. Though I think I'd nix the flames paint job. Thats very un-Prime as it screams a little vanity and maverick persona.

Firetruck isn't so bad. His chest will still look the same with the two really large windshields. Plus it'll be about the same size as a tank whereas a truck cab would have been a little smaller (depending on which truck cab, firetruck, and tank you use for comparisons).

Like I said previously, a firetruck is more realistic as you wouldn't have to explain the disappearnce/reappearance of his trailer. They nixed the mass-shifting so I can see them nix the "magically teleporting trailer".

Think of how ridiculous it would seem if we see Prime drive up, see some Decepticons, transform into robot mode, and then get into a battle with one of them (a-la the chase scene on the bridge). Probably at the end of the battle he will be in a different place than when he started the battle. He'd have to walk back to his trailer or transform and drive back to his trailer each time. Its do-able so long as Prime doesn't have to go a long distance to reach it. It also means that Prime HAS to move around in vehicle mode so that he keeps the trailer with him at all times. Having him as a firetruck solves all those logisticial problems.

5. protostar8

Ebay:

I see plenty of 18-wheeler cabs w/out trailers where I live. It wouldn't stand out too much to have him as just a cab. It's realistic. Look at the new Classics Prime. It looks good while staying realistic. Galaxy Force Optimus's fire truck mode doesn't look realistic, which makes it look cool. A realistic fire truck just isn't Optimus Prime, it's Inferno. To me, making Optimus a fire truck instead of 18-wheeler cab is like making Wolverine 4 ft tall w/ an afro, it just doesn't fit the character. I wouldn't want the original Voice actors to play parts of characters that don't capture the spirit of the original characters, and a fire truck just isn't Optimus. I would LOVE for the original VA's to play the parts, just not w/ optimus as a fire truck.

6. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    But a Cab that magically disappears and reappears is realistic?

7. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:

wait, i thought wolvering WAS 4 foor tall with an afro? at least, he looks pretty close to that description at times.

8. DESTRO

DESTRO Cobra Arms Dealer Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dont see anything on G4's web site about this info. But it looks to me like they just took all of the info off the web. The Fire Truck Prime was confirmed by Bay Himself to be False.

9. protostar8

Ebay:
    It's about as realistic as any car would be. How the cab would disappear and reappear is another question?

10. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Bay himself also confirmed the rumors of Bumblebee beinga camaro false :wink:  anyone remember that?

11. DESTRO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think he means R.I.D. Prime. Everybody watching the film (Not Fan Boys) Would be looking at one another saying "Prime was not a Fire Truck".

12. primusmajor

primusmajor Active Member

i think that it really doesn't matter if prime is a fire truck, close to the original 18 wheeler, or a gorilla. Prime is prime, and as long as he has his face i am ready to see this movie. With live action, CGI, the new camaro and mustang this is going to be the greatest. As long as the detail is as of high quality thatthe dreamwave comics were.

Nothing was better then seeing the battle damage, and actuators. They took their time making the comics. And as long as they don't skimp out on the detail (hint to anyone close to the movie reading this) i think it is going to rock.

Maybe we should have a count down clock for when the teaser trailer is to be out.:rock  :rock  :rock  :rock  :rock  :rock 

13. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    He said a police lineup, which could be construed as them being in robot mode. I don't think that statement proves anything other than he'll look like his ROBOT self.

14. DESTRO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I get the point guys but do you really want a fire truck? I sure don't! Lets hope that 07/04/06 tells all........

15. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

it worked pretty well for both Fire Convoy AND Galaxy Convoy. Hell, those are two of the four most highly regarded Prime toys ever made by Hasbro in terms of design & articulation. I recall when many fans ranked Galaxy Convoy up there with Masterpiece Prime. With the right design, a fire engine Optimus Prime could work a third time too. Just, as I might add, like the WRONG design for a semi truck (Energon) can look like total shit.

16. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It all depends on the design. If it's good, it doesn't matter to me.

I'm leaning to the semi, though.

17. primusmajor

primusmajor Active Member

i mean don't get me wrong prime will always be in my mind the semi i remember waking up to early in the morning to watch. And it is such a tease to have a semi at botcon covered up (and a red one at that) and then have nothing at all to do with the semi in the movie.

but if i can give up megatron not being a walther p38 (or no gun at all) and a 4 foot soundwave (no matter how much it bugs the crap out of me) then a fire truck i can have.

besides i was always a decepticon at heart. I just wanted to see devastator in his true glory and starscream, thundercracker, and skywarp. you can't have one with out the other two. they are like brothers. :banghead: 

18. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Well, IF Prime is going to be a firetruck, then I hope it's REALLY a military firetruck, so that he won't have the ladder (which would kill the G1 look, but if it isn't there...).

And what if he's a firetruck AND a semi? Hell, he could be in Iraq in the first act (the Autobot who was covered by sand?), and when he comes to America he could change his form to blend in better.

EDIT:

For some reason, I think this could work very well as Prime if he's a firetruck after all. Looks enough like a regular truck, and offers plenty of room to work with his robot mode. Just make the cab all red, or switch around the white and red. Oh, and add the split in the middle, shouldn't be hard at all.

[​IMG]

Link to the original site.

19. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    what!!!!! soundwaves gonna be 4 feet tall hahahahahaahahaahahahahaahaha im a true autobot but i do like decpticons i cant bare to seee blaster 4ft tall the pain that little autobot will sufer noooooo

20. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Okay... give me a second here.... *deep breath*... okay... okay...

... okay.

IwantPrimetobeafiretruck!

*runs away and hides before G1 fanboys stone me to death for being a heretic*

Seriously, I really think it would work. It's much more realistic than having an 18-wheeler whose trailer magically disappears. I understand you could just have the cab, but I think the whole "hero" aspect works better with a firetruck, and the colour scheme will fit nicely. And I suppose it's pretty well confirmed, I mean, didn't one of the guys who visited the set and took photos say that he say a firetruck, a kind they had never seen on the base before? And someone else said they were shooting a scene with Optimus at the base... Anyway, I hope he turns out to be a firetruck, it would be cool.

... or maybe I'm just watching too much "Rescue Me"?