G3 Trailer Worth Getting?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Haloid1177, May 30, 2011.

1. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So I'm finally getting a Classics Prime. But he looks a lot better in vehicle mode with a trailer. So, is dropping the cash for one of these a good idea? Is there another trailer I should get?

2. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Does the mirror gimmick really win you over? Because you won't get too much else out of it. Trailers tend to be boxes on wheels, and this is no exception, although it does have a couple of nice little additions. If you're comfortable with the price, and you like the gimmicks, go for it.

3. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I've been leaning more towards the fans project trailer lately, but the bts one is nice also

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You also get a pile of weapons with it, so there's that bonus. I think Toy Arena's still got it for $70, although you missed out when it was going for cheaper.

But if you want a trailer to complete Classics Optimus' vehicle mode (and it does go a bit better with Classics, over Henkei. The blues don't match the Henkei version), then there's no better substitute. The thing is awesome.

G3 is the FanProject one.

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    The FansProject Trailer is the G3 one

How good the G3 trailer is depends on how much you like the gimmickry. If all you want is something for Prime to tow in vehicle mode, you could probably buy the Mechtech Trailer (I dunno if it's compatible with Classics Prime, but since it's scaled for a Voyager, I assume it's the same size as the G3). However, if you like having Roller and the Repair Turret, then you'd like the G3. Personally, a large part of my motivation for getting the G3 was the bonus weapons for the other Classics figures it came with

6. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I absolutely LOVE my G3 trailer.

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

G3 was a great purchase all around on my part. Chrome weapons for my other Henkei figures, Roller, and an awesome trailer for my Henkei Convoy that doubles as a display base (you can see in my Collection video, link's in my sig).

9. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I have the G3 trailer and I don't regret it one bit. A buddy of mine has the BTS one and I wasn't really impressed with it. It looked decent as a trailer but base mode looks weird to me and the interior seemed really flimsy IMO.

10. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I bought the G3 Trailer but never really took it out and played with it. Now I'm not even sure if I need a trailer. Should I hold on to it or sell it? How much can I get for it?

11. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really like the G3 trailer and I would recommend it. Roller is awesome, and the "repair bot" inside is very nicely articulated. There are chrome weapons too as others have said. It is also very versatile....stand alone trailer....DIA commander can attach to the back....opens to battle station....and can even stand up to use as OP's repair bay. No brainer in my opinion. The "mirror" gimmick is an added option and to be honest, is not really that bad.

12. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    I love having updated G1 characters so it was nice to actually get the G3 trailer when it was cheap on bbts a few months ago. Honestly more chrome weapons for my henkei figures and a trailer for prime just gives Optimus Prime an even more updated G1 look. I'd go with G3 over the other trailer any day.

13. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    But the DOTM Voyager Prime with trailer is $90. I can get a G3 trailer for cheaper than that.
    Thanks. That is actually really helpful.

Hold onto it until I can afford it!

14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    It's worth it definitely. Lots of love went into the creation for it. The mirrors are awesome. The detail is impressive. Built very well. Roller and the repair bay are great touches. Dug the extra weapons and the fact that you can store them and the sprues in the bay.

15. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    100% a good purchase in all counts, very solid, loads of gimmicks and great extras, bought it on first release, never looked back

16. Inverse Midas

Inverse Midas Jettisoning weight!

Yep. I love my G3 trailer. I have not once regretted that purchase. Once you have it in hand, the build quality and attention to detail will be readily apparent. It has a very nice heft to it as well. And as others have stated, the included weapons cache is an awesome bonus that anyone with a Classics collection can appreciate.

17. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I love it, but I immediately had to buy a 3rd Classics Prime to go with it so I could display it in trailer mode in my collection. The base is a nice update to the G1, but it is just too bulky for my collection display. Rollar is really nice as well, and FP (as always) really did well with the detailing and quality of the build.

The only issue I really had was there are a bunch of little pegs on the inside of the trailer that the weapons can be stored on while still on the trees. Didn't really like the look of these pegs without anything on them, so I left most of my weapons on the trees. Would love if someone came out with some sort of tech center that utilized those pegs.

The trailer is definately a nice addition to the classics collection even if it is a bit boxier than the BTS one. there is just something goofy with the design of the BTS for me, but I can see how some like its look better with the classic aestitic.

18. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I have one and enjoy it a lot. The mirror gimmick is awesome. If you have a bunch of other classic autobots characters, there are probably a few weapons in it for you also. I think its well worth the price, even though I got mine for $50 at Christmas last year.

19. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    G3 Trailer is the way to go. Reprolabels has a nice label set as well for the G3 trailer.
    I bought the Shattered Glass BTS Trailer for SG Optimus Prime.

20. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really like mine!

I just need to get the ReproLabels set, but it's on the long list :lol