G3 Trailer: Good time to buy? Worth the hype?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Anguirus, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So BBTS has the G3 trailer on sale now, $20 slashed off the going rate. I've seen some pretty positive reviews of this thing, and never seen it for cheaper than it is right now. Also, now that I've drooled over and preordered the Protector armor, part of me is toying with the idea of being an "FP trailer completist."

There's no poll here because I'm not interested in a simple popular vote. Rather, I'm curious to see what people think of this product now that the hype has worn off.

As far as my collecting habits go I'm on a total Classics rampage (CHUGpage?) at the moment, not to mention a Prime kick. So the accessories would go to good use, and I'm already thinking about picking up a Henkei Prime to go with the United Megatron I've already pre-ordered. Money's tight though, so even as a "Christmas gift to myself" I would rather not end up with buyer's remorse on a big gray box. So give it to me straight!

2. Goshjosh95

Goshjosh95 Decepticon

News Credits:
    Here's my :2c:  after having the G3 trailer for awhile now:

For me, having a G3 trailer just really completes Classics Prime... sometimes I have him in alt mode, displayed towing the G3 trailer + DIA commander trailer... I love that there's a hidden hitch so that all 3 things can interact.

Sometimes Prime's displayed in bot-mode interacting with the open trailer along with other deluxe TFs... great display piece / backdrop / playset on your shelves!

It comes with all kinds of nifty features... the medic transforming into a cannon for Prime... roller's launching feature + interacting with 5mm plug weapons that can rotate up & down on it + transforming (stretching) to interact with the TFcon energon briefcase... the "invisible" mirror feature... additional weapons for classics BB, Grimlock, Mirage & Sideswipe... that's a lot of bang for your buck.

Basically I feel the same appreciation for it as Vangelus did in his initial video review of it... and I still have the same enjoyment of it as I did when I first got it. I just feel it really complete's Classics Prime, & that's a great deal if you can get it for cheap. BUT if trailers aren't your thing, pass on it.

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I bought mine a couple months ago and love it. It doesn't even do anything but sit behind Prime with Sunstreaker and Sideswipe standing atop it and I love it. And Roller is carrying WST Blaster too.

Get it. Aside from the few weapons it gives you (while not giving you a proper Ion Cannon for Prime), it completes Optimus Prime by giving him his trailer. And Roller.

It's a great display piece.

4. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Buy it. It's totally worth it, the feature set and build quality are unbelievable.

The only problem is that it'll get you on a downward spiral of wanting the Gear of War set from TF-C to fully arm Prime's autobot buddies and the DIA Commander trailer to get some Godbomber action on too.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I bought mine from TFSource for $60 and am glad I did. I'm also glad I was able to get it at the sale price, as I feel that I wouldn't pay more for it after having in my hands now.

6. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i honestly think it does not go with the style with classics prime, the bts trailer, in looks, flows with the style way better, G3 is too blocky and tall

but in construction and functionality, the g3 trailer is better

7. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You guys are such a bad influence. :lol  I'll let you know what I decide.

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    after having it since release, i don't regret it at all, and i paid full price, really complete's prime, and hound, and grimlock, etc and the little roller is sweet

9. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    After finding out from this thread that there was $20 off, I put it in my POL.

...and Alternity Skywarp too, who isn't on sale. derp

10. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    G3 trailer is uber, BUY IT, GET ADDICTED, USE YOUR MONEY, EMPTY TEH WALLET!

11. Eternalm

Eternalm Hasbro owns my Childhood

I'm really happy with it, I used to have it posed in the "repair mode" with Prime in the TFcon armor, but I had to pack everything up while I moved stuff around, now I've got Prime in the box with the trailer, since there's a spot to hold the cab in the box, and it looks great up on a shelf.

12. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    DOO EET.

Seriously. I finally got one a couple months ago, one of the other times the price dropped. I love it! I think it would've been a good buy at the original price. For $59, it's a no-brainer.

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I thought that $90 was really pushing it for me, but at $60 it really enticed me. The savings can be put towards the reprolabels set. That's on my long list of reprolabels to purchase one day :lol 

14. Goshjosh95

Goshjosh95 Decepticon

News Credits:
    With the price drop & reprolabel set... it is SO worth it. I agree with the majority here (as I said before): DOO EET x2

15. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    $20 for it? Go for it!

Slightly off-topic, but I thought there was also a Nemesis version of the G3 trailer but didn't see it sold on BBTS. Was there one made or is my memory playing nasty tricks on me?

16. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Agreed. It is quite the display piece and at that price, well worth it.

17. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I absolutely love it. Not only is the piece itself great, but it comes with an excellent package in which you can display it w/cab for a G1 effect, as well as a slew of chrome weapons for a bunch of the other henkei/classics figures. You get your money's worth and more with this one. I highly recommend it.

18. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    A great add on to Classics Prime. You won't be disappointed (I'm not).

19. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    haha, not quite. It's $20 -off-. So instead of $79, it's $59

20. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, given the unanimous and enthusiastic response...

G3 Trailer is in my PoL, and ordered Henkei Prime from YaHobby.

I think I'm officially FansProject's bitch. :D 

(And Reprolabels')