Customs: G3 Optimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Dark Galvatron, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Dark Galvatron

Dark Galvatron Banned

Okay, so I was thinking about doing a Transformers: Generation 3 version of Optimus Prime. The basic concept for customizing this figure will be using a Deluxe Class Big Daddy, aka Downshift, and repainting him entirely to match Optimus' paint scheme, while at the same time, bringing in a new look for him, to give the fans an idea of what Prime would look like if he was a car. As an additional feature, this Prime will even have the Matrix, using the grille/hook section, repainted on the inside as the Autobot Matrix of Leadership.

Now I need to know: What kind of paint would I go with for this job? This is only my second custom. The first being a G1 version of Animated Prime which I'll upload pics of later on. I've already gotten the Big Daddy figure disassembled and placed into a storage container for when the time comes. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Ya know, technically, Classics Optimus Prime IS G3 :)  That's from the horse's mouth. Just use the same kinds of paints you used on your other custom. No need to change what works.

3. Dark Galvatron

Dark Galvatron Banned

Thanks for the input, but I've used enamel paint on my Animated Prime, and personally, I like using the stuff, just wanting to try a new variety lol.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    well you can use acryllics, or krylon fusion, or krylon outdoor spaces, or you could try some automotive paints. You'll find someone here that will support any of these types of paints.

5. Dark Galvatron

Dark Galvatron Banned

Thanks Redline! I'm glad that you're here to help out.