Customs: G2 Sideswipe

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by gawddammit, Jun 14, 2012.

1. gawddammit

gawddammit Rocketchoochoo

News Credits:
    Hey, guys, I could use some help. I'm painting a classics Red Alert into a G2 Sideswipe, and I have no idea how to address the stickers on the car mode, or if they should even go on at all. I'm kind or torn, as the stickers would give it a G2 feel, but leaving them off would be more "classics". Any thoughts? Thanks.

2. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you like the Classics feel better, remove the stickers but if you like the G2 vibe the stickers give, keep them. It depends on what you like, I'd prefer to remove them.

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Honestly, I wouldn't even bother with the stickers, and just go with a black lambo that's got slight throwbacks of red &/or green.

4. gawddammit

News Credits:
    Not worrying about the stickers would definitely be easier...and more fitting for the classics line. He's getting a G2 Autobot logo, though.

Maybe I'll just give him a big green cannon? Or paint his hand gun green? Not quite sure yet.

5. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Get him a big green cannon, yess :) 

6. gawddammit

News Credits:
    Now, I just need to find an appropriate cannon. Challenge: accepted.

7. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Also, does anyone know what kind of black would be the closest to G2 Sideswipe? I'm thinking of going with a GM black for some touchups (well, and painting the doors & spoiler) couse it seems pretty standard, but I can't help but think that whatever I run with will end up being wrong.

I'll obv do some testing on junk parts before taking to my figure, but its like 10 bucks a bottle in the smallest quantity, so hha yeah.

8. gawddammit

News Credits:
    I've been using testor's flat black for my custom, and I might do a layer of testor's gloss black over it. It looks pretty close, but I don't know how it would be for touching up a vintage G2. Not sure what GM black looks like.

9. gawddammit

News Credits:
    I have a G2 Sideswipe cannon, that had the peg for Swipe's hand broken clean off (it broke during shipping).

[​IMG]

The rest of the peg was just a little too big for a 5 mm hole, so I sanded it down a bit. Now it seems to fit perfectly.

[​IMG]

10. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Good show is good. :) 

I still have the blue one from my Jazz that I might use down the line for my RTS one if I customize it or get the reprolables thing, but I lost the green gun long ago. Also about the paint, I knew it was a long shot, but I'll probably have to just try it on some scrap plastic & see what it looks like.

11. gawddammit

News Credits:
    I think they're putting out a supposed "G2" deco of the RtS Jazz in Hasbro's asia market. Might be a good starting point. I used the original because it was already broken, and I figured matching the green would be a headache.

That's what junkers are for! ;)