G2 Question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Leadfoot, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

It's been a number of years since I read through all the G2 comics, but I wonder about something that I remember assuming the first time I read them.

Does the G2 continuity piggy back on the G1 cartoon/comic series? In other words, does it acknowledge that the character Hot Rod was once Rodimus Prime and played a significant role in resurrecting Optimus Prime in order to hand him back the Matrix, at which point their respective roles were reset back to what they had been before? And could one suppose that the headmaster/targetmaster experience had also come and gone, just, basically picking up right where the US G1 toon had ended?

(screw the Japanese headmaster series, sorry).

2. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It follows the G1 comic continuity, not the cartoon, so Hot Rod was never Rodimus Prime. But it acknowledges the Headmasters (With Spike re joining Fort Max) The comic battle with Unicron, etc.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No. It picks up after the G1 comic. The two continuities don't mix.

4. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

If only Dreamwave and IDW had followed on rather than wrecking our heads with reboots. Though I admit I grew to love Dreamwave G1.

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Yeah, it's a shame that the G2 comics were so short lived. The story was ok but seemed rushed (as I suppose it would with so few issues).

Still, they did manage to squeeze in killing Optimus Prime (and bringing him back to life!!!) one more time at least!