G2 Megs Vs. BWII Megastorm

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by enkidoamark, Apr 30, 2010.

1. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

Okay, just got a box from USPS. I bought G2 Megs from a guy on ebay. However, when I first pulled him out of the box I see a sticker with a predacon symbol and the word destron on it. My first thought is "why in the world would a figure from '92 have a Predacon symbol on it? BW started in '97." Do a little looking and quickly realize that I have a Beast Wars Second Megastorm (which I should have realized immediately. What little I've seen of BWII I remember liking the name and the throw back to G2).
    Anyway, what do you guys think? I'm a little bothered by the fact that I'm not getting another G2 for my collection, but japanese is always kinda cool. I hate that the electronics aren't there, but honestly I wouldn't buy new batteries if they were. Also, this figure is 6 years younger. What would you do?

2. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I believe it is the same figure. I don't think it would bother me. Did the auction have a pic? If the symbol really bothers you, get some reprolabels and cover it.

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I would keep the toy but leave negative feedback.

4. enkidoamark

It's very close to being the same. Subtle color and detail differences. The face is the main thing. Megastorm has a lot more black.

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IIRC, Megastorm doesn't have the electronics...

6. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

If you don't mind the missing electronics, keep it. You can always rub off the predacon insignias with alcohol and some elbow grease and replace them with reprolabels.

Was it MISB, how much did you pay it? If it is overpaid, ask for a partial refund. I would realy hate it if I had to buy a figure I realy wanted, and pay more than I was willing, and when it arrived see that it isn't the version I was hoping for.

7. YouFoolStarscream!!

YouFoolStarscream!! Member

Also Megastorm doesn't have the purple camo that Megs has. It's a different shade of green.

8. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

In my opinion Megastrom is way cooler than G2 Megatron. However I do see where you're coming from. Imagine if you sent a bunch of money for a Fortress Maximus figure, and when you get it in the mail it's a Brave Maximus. That'd be horrible.

~Z

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    If you're cool aboutkeeping the figure, I'd contact the seller and ask for a partial refund. If he doesn't give you one, or gets nasty about it, neg his ass.
    I wouldn't feel too bad about missing out on G2 Megatron's electronics though; they aren't that hot anyway; the tank/gun sounds are passable, but the "MEGATRON ATTACK!" voice is utter crap.

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i got megastorm, it is an amazing toy, i'd keep it, if i was you. as i believe it looks better then the megatron version. :) 

11. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have both G2 and BWII megs in my sales thread if you want to look at the pics.

12. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "MEGATRON ATTACK" and "I AM OPTIMUS PRIME!" were two of the most-heard phrases around the house when I was growing up. I made sure of it :3

13. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    listen to the voice of doom!!!!

14. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did absolutely love the lock and load sound effects, though. And it's quite easy to disable the voice clip sound effect while leaving the others intact, by disconnecting the lead to that particular sound trigger.

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I personally liked the "Megatron attack" voicebite, it was a nice bit of fun having Megatron roll up and order himself to attack :) 

In any case, if the seller advertised it as a Generation 2 Megatron and sold you a Megastorm, I'd go back to him. Could be he didn't know the difference himself, of course, but I'd need to see the original auction listing to judge properly. If he's a casual fan who wasn't aware there was a difference between the two he'd probably think it was the more famous one as well.

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  16. enkidoamark

He says that he didn't know the difference, and I believe him. I proposed that he give me a break on shipping if I win more of his auctions. I won the toy pretty cheap, so I'm letting this slide.