Heavy/Scratch: G2 megatron wip

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by winstonojo, Jan 13, 2012.

1. winstonojo

winstonojo Primal

Ebay:
    Here's the G2 Megs I mentioned in my previous G2 OP Prime post. I've reworked some articulation, head (with some re-sculpting), and hips and included some feet from a very generous Cyclonus of late. Also added some hands. His thighs have been lengthened by constructing extensions that reduce when required similar to classics Jetfire.

The arm’s fusion cannon transfers to the main tank barrel/turret when in alt mode and the shoulder cannon barrel is connected to the side.

I’m still yet to decide whether to go for the G2 camouflage colouring or a steal finish similar to his G1 pistol finish. Any ideas folks?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

I'm really liking what I'm seeing here, great job so far. :thumb 

As for the color scheme, instead of a silver finish like G1 Megatron, I think using a gray color scheme (with red and black accents) would look better in my opinion, since a silver tank is a bit garish. That or the G2 color scheme (specifically the "toned down" version from the end of Marvel's run of G2 comics), either of them would look great.

3. winstonojo

winstonojo Primal

Ebay:
    Hmm... gray colour with red and black accents. I'll take that on board. Thanks.

4. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    I'd say grey with black accents in tank mode, and keep the reds purely for bot, eg. waist.

or maybe even keep the blacks for things like wasit and thighs, and keep alt completely grey (plus decals).

as far as im aware there has never been a silver tank, but there have been lots of grey ones, eg. WWII panzers:

[​IMG]

5. Joey_Santana

Joey_Santana Shockwave fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great! Nice mods!
    I'll be following this thread!

6. Christopher-2

Christopher-2 Well-Known Member

It has to be Marvel g2! Has to be! This is what the new CHUG megatron should be. Great job putting it together.

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Wow, I'm really impressed with your work on the feet and thighs... they're small changes, but they have a big effect on the figure overall!

This was always an underrated mold, and your work on it is really making it GREAT. :thumb 

zmog

8. OOSnake

OOSnake Well-Known Member

You should do g2 camouflage, in my opinion. But I suppose you could alternatively do a g2-esque camouflage, but ditch the purple bits in favour of a better colour.
    btw, what does CHUG mean?