Customs: G2 Laser Prime pelvis fix??

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Saberfrost01, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

I have an old G2 laser prime which I want to keep due to sedimentry value. No other version will do I want to keep MINE except he can no longer stand up. I took his pelvis apart and_ [Classics Jetfire just fell on my head, Ouch]:eek: 

As I was saying... I took his pelvis apart to find that the teeth on his legs have worn away the crocth. I was thinking of using a fine copper wire to replace the worn plastic but does any one have better suggestions.

2. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Pictures? I'm having a hard time picturing this.

R!

3. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

Give me a day or two, Bogbot. I'll post some pictures.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  4. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

Obvious answer: Find a junker Laser Prime and swap the pieces out. He's still "your" Laser Prime, he just had a bit of surgery.

5. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    there is no way other than a donor to get the tread back on.

to tighten you could coat the part in question with clear nail polish or future floor polish so that he can at least stand. Mine is in the same way and this helped somewhat since there is actual friction again between the two parts.

6. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

After re-reading what you wrote, I get it now. the notches in his hips that snap lock it into palce. yeah, there is no easy way to fix that.
    Storm has a good idea. if you thicken up the area in particular, then friction would do it. it'll wear over time (if you play with it alot) but it's easy to add some more nailpolish or whatever. that'd be the simplest/cheapest option.

Randy!

7. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

It is the flat part that is worn away not the teeth on the gears. I'll upload pictures tomorrow once I've figured out how this new scanner works.