G2 Laser Prime or Rts/United Laser Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RoccaDNB, Nov 8, 2011.

?

G2 Laser Optimus or RTS/United Laser Oprimus

1. G2 Prime

19 vote(s)
    55.9%
  2. RTS/United Prime

15 vote(s)
    44.1%
  1. RoccaDNB

RoccaDNB Imperial Decepticon

News Credits:
    Hey guys,

As I have both my laser optimus and my united laser optimus standing next to each other on the desk, I was thinking, which one do the fans prefer?

I for one, think that the United mold is an excellent figure, an excellent oprimus prime even, 9.5/10.

Still though, something about him, excluding the size, makes him look lesser to his predecessor. I thought long and hard. and for me it's down to 4 things.

-The head mold: It's too, skinny, for my taste.
    -The feet: They're pointy and large, therefore, because of the anckle joint, they look like they don't belong there. Gives him skinny looking legs.
    -Open hands: G2 has a big blocky robust fist of manliness, yet United prime looks more like he's ready to shake hands.
    -The chest windows(=Epic piece of transformation, and full of win) fail to give him the extremely muscular look g2 laser prime has, now I understand this had to be done for a realistic altmode and working transformation.

So basically it all boils down to one thing: he's too skinny for the character he's representing. As a standalone, he's awesome. But he fails to convey the utter manliness of G2 Laser prime. Just look at G2's exaggerated dragonball z torso. Enormous sixpack, enormous chest. and flat like a surfboard.

More like RTS/United is a senior school kid, and G2 is a bodybuilder.
    Also, G2 has age and personality in hid favor. I mean, come on, he's got a trailer with a picture of a chibi-himself torching some trees with a flame thrower.

Well, that's my 50 cents.
    Tell me what you think =]

Just to add - I am very aware of the maketoys battle tanker, and utterly psyched for it!

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Original G2 Mold is superior by far. Scourge said Hi!

3. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    the bolded part made me lol.

4. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Dude, no contest. G2 Prime. That mold is glorious and one of my all time favorites. He even has my favorite Prime head mold.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    The G2 Laser Rod mold. I only have it as RiD Scourge but it's one of my absolute favorites.

6. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I like the new one. The old one is classic and really good, but I'm not a fan of the fake windshield chest. Really like the way the chest works and how the wheels on the legs fold into the legs on the new one.

Also, ankle tilts.

7. RoccaDNB

News Credits:
    You made my day. Thanks for not making me feel alone. :D 

8. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recently bought the Magnus repaint of G2 Prime. When I started playing with it I began wondering why they even bothered making a new mold for this toy. The figure is awesome and can easily go well in a classics collection IMO.
    Never bought RTS laser prime because it's too small. Will however get a Magnus repaint :D 

9. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    G2 Laser Prime, I had five version of that mold at one point, honestly one of my favourites.

I have: Japanese G2 logo Scourge
    E-Hobby Magnus
    E-Hobby Prime (metal chest)
    Laser Prime

I sold the US Scourge with it's silly Decepticon logos.

10. RoccaDNB

News Credits:
    I envy you so much right now...

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    RTS has the advantage of 15 years of engineering evolution and a less 'cheaty' design, but G2 still wins for me. If the RTS mold was designed at a Voyager size and with a smidge less apparent movie influenced detail, things might be different, but there ya go.

12. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Lol. Hey you know what they say... Great minds think alike.

13. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    G2 Prime all the way, the face on the united one just doesn't look like a Prime's head and the doors on his arms hinders his articulation in a big way. Not to mention he has flames painted over a perfect redo of the red into black for no good reason :( 

G2 Laser Optimus makes me happy, United/RTS Laser Optimus Prime makes me angry just for the flames :( 

14. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

To be perfectly honest, I always thought G2 Prime had flames.

I only recently got RtS Prime and never had G2 Prime, but I think my vote would have to go to G2. RtS is fun, but... he doesn't feel like Optimus to me. Too skinny, too small, too... weak looking. The pointy feet, the pointy head bug me, and the arm articulation is really annoying (elbows that can't go 90 degrees? Limited shoulder spread? That damn tab on the right shoulder that bumps into the body?). Also, what's with the blue cab? The original had an all-black cab and it looked great. They made the truck roof and doors blue and they clash horribly in vehicle mode.

That said, if it gets released as Scourge/Nemesis Prime or Ultra Magnus, I'm buying it.