G2 Laser Prime or Rts/United Laser Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RoccaDNB, Nov 8, 2011.

?

G2 Laser Optimus or RTS/United Laser Oprimus

1. G2 Prime

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. RTS/United Prime

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. RoccaDNB

RoccaDNB Imperial Decepticon

News Credits:
    Hey guys,

As I have both my laser optimus and my united laser optimus standing next to each other on the desk, I was thinking, which one do the fans prefer?

I for one, think that the United mold is an excellent figure, an excellent oprimus prime even, 9.5/10.

Still though, something about him, excluding the size, makes him look lesser to his predecessor. I thought long and hard. and for me it's down to 4 things.

-The head mold: It's too, skinny, for my taste.
    -The feet: They're pointy and large, therefore, because of the anckle joint, they look like they don't belong there. Gives him skinny looking legs.
    -Open hands: G2 has a big blocky robust fist of manliness, yet United prime looks more like he's ready to shake hands.
    -The chest windows(=Epic piece of transformation, and full of win) fail to give him the extremely muscular look g2 laser prime has, now I understand this had to be done for a realistic altmode and working transformation.

So basically it all boils down to one thing: he's too skinny for the character he's representing. As a standalone, he's awesome. But he fails to convey the utter manliness of G2 Laser prime. Just look at G2's exaggerated dragonball z torso. Enormous sixpack, enormous chest. and flat like a surfboard.

More like RTS/United is a senior school kid, and G2 is a bodybuilder.
    Also, G2 has age and personality in hid favor. I mean, come on, he's got a trailer with a picture of a chibi-himself torching some trees with a flame thrower.

Well, that's my 50 cents.
    Tell me what you think =]

EDIT:
    Just to add - I am very aware of the maketoys battle tanker, and utterly psyched for it!

2. megatronski

megatronski Primaris

News Credits:
    Your in the wrong forum, this belongs in the toy discussion.

3. RoccaDNB

RoccaDNB Imperial Decepticon

News Credits:
    How silly, I thought I WAS in the toy discussion xd.

Someone, please move this.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    G2 Laser Prime. No doubt.

That figure was repainted as Scourge. The best Transformer toy ever. I'm not much a fan of the RTS figure but i will buy the Scourge repaint.

5. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I love the RTS G2 Prime, but he's just too small. He's more articulate, and a better toy in every way that the Laser Rod mold, but he's so damn small, I'm trying to think what to call him, because he just doesn't scream Optimus. Looking forward to the battle tanker thing myself. I'm still prefer Laser Rod, and LOVE the repaint, aka Scourgimus Prime.