Heavy/Scratch: G2 KO Devastator

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by rodimuspwnzor, Mar 28, 2009.

1. rodimuspwnzor

rodimuspwnzor Nerd-O-tron

Ebay:
    Okay - so this is based on the first version Ptitvite did. I always thought the combinders should be basic sized, but at the same time you have to come up with a combined bot that towers over the Deluxes and Voyagers. Honestly, wouldn't be much point in combining so many bots unless that was the result, right? Hopefully, that's what I'll accomplish with this. I'm thinking he should be around 2x the height of the average Voyager size figure (ex. being Classics Optimus):

[​IMG]

So anyway, these are the first Pics from what I managed to do today, which was modify Cyb. Jetfire's waist and upper legs to serve as devs - even got the connector port instered. Next step with be adding the extensions for combining Scrapper and Mixmaster, and stuffing Long Haul's gut with the other waist connector. Note: KO Defensor = Spare Parts Bots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the arms (once I get to them), I'll probably chop up some bionicles for the joints, and sculpy the rest of it. Oh, and possibly some lego (or abm sheet) components to limit the smount of scuply I'll have to use.

Please lemme know what you think. This kinda thing has been done to death but I HAD to have one for my own, and any pointers, suggestions, or ... other... but not BAD ... things ... would be welcome!

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Personally, I think this is a refreshing take on this custom. I can't wait to see it finished!

I think you'll end up wanting to make Defensor too :lol 

3. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Very cool! G2 colors and all? Awesome! You also have my permission to do Defensor as well!:D :thumb 

4. rodimuspwnzor

Ebay:
    I probably will guys, but i'll have to buy another set first - that's Groove's poor head sitting on Devy's waist, and Hot Spot's Armpit is gonna be sitting in Long Haul's chest before long!

5. Andrew28b

Andrew28b Nemesis custom

watch out for Bonecrushers hip pin. mine broke after two days. i have the same set as you.

6. rodimuspwnzor

Ebay:
    Yeah; they aren't sturdy at all. I'll be replacing the hips and arms on the constructicons once the dev mods are done tho.

NOTE: I popped open the aerial bot set this morning, and all those are gonne be good for are wing parts for when the energon repaint sups comes out with ROTF.

7. cowclone

cowclone I am lost..were am I?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My bonecrashers hip broke to I had to replace my with a F-ING metal pin try drilling a hole that small!!!!!

8. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    If you can find an original junker, they have metal hips.