G2 Japanese Mini-Comics: Translated!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by DrSpengler, Jun 2, 2006.

1. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

http://www.tfarchive.com/comics/japanese/t...2minicomics.php

I recommend you read the notes I wrote on continuity and what-not before jumping into the comics-themselves. It'll only take a second.

*Notes

These comics were...strange.

All the characters spoke in a very very informal slang; Convoy as well. I suppose it was done to be "hip" (this was the 90's, after all). Various Japanese words were also written in katakana, also for the sake of being "hip" or just adding dramatic inflection.

The dialogue was a great deal wittier than the TV Magazine manga and didn't require much embelishment to keep it from sounding so literal. Regardless, many lines that were supposed to be clever are just...silly. Nothing I could do about that, no matter how I worded em.

There's a teensy spelling-error on 13B. Sorry. : (

Also, the issues are in continuity-order. I intended for them to be in Number-order, but I loaded em up on photobucket in continuity-order and forget to tell Denyer. Ah well, it's no major problem.

Also, in 13B, a more accurate translation for Megatron's last few lines would probably be "The only true peace wis through destruction", but the fanboy in me just had to slip "tyranny" in there. Couldn't help it.

This isn't the ENTIRE Japanese G2 story, either. In addition to these mini comics there were also story pages (if you have em...hook a brutha up?) and a proper manga called "The Earth is in Danger!" done in a completely different art style (I have that one, will translate it some day).

Also, special thanks to VGM Studios and Monzo for helping me find scans of all the installments. Thanks to Denyer for loading all of em and setting the page up so purdy.

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cool! The origin of Prime of Justice! "I have the Matrix in ME chest!" :D 

3. DrSpengler

Gaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

I'll have to fix that one of these days.

4. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Megatron's hand going towards that one dude's face was awesome :lol 

5. DrSpengler

The art was pretty snappy. I especially liked the 2-page #13.

Speaking of which, the spelling error has been corrected.:thumb