G2 Generations Bruticus

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by TheLastAllosaur, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Because I don't like making permanent modifications to limited/special figures. This way, if I change my mind after painting it and don't like it purple as much as I thought I would, I'm only out 15 dollars instead of the 60 it would cost to repleace the G2 Brawl.

2. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the pics all, this guy is going under the tree this year for Christmas. Haven't had a Transformer for Christmas in, well, years so this should be awesome.

3. 009*

009* That Guy... Somewhere

News Credits:
    Does anyone else keep Onslaught's gun attached to Bruticus' back in the combined mode?

4. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I think most people do; Its meant to be there.

5. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the pics!

Kinda glad I managed to snag a SDCC version and cancel this one. For me it's worth the extra $40-50 since I wasn't really a G2 fan. Looks cool, but I cannot stomach that Onslaught deco :crazy: 

6. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Exactly. It locks Onslaught's arms in place for combined mode. Without it, he'd flop all over and look even more mangled.

I'm not sure why the instructions and promotional art for all versions (including the Autobot Wrecker redeco/remold coming in the spring) show the combined weapon using Onslaught's weapon. It's really stupid.

Though, I will say that the weapons can be combined in different ways, which is a neat feature. Vortex's weapons connect in two different ways that I can see. One is the small tabs plugging into Brawl's gun, the other is the tabs fitting into the bottom of the barrels on Onslaught's gun. The rest of the pieces fit where possible.

If nothing else, at least give Hasbro credit for making every piece of it Scramble City worthy.

7. drill

drill Gotham's White Knight

News Credits:
    If anyone wants, there is another Amazon order for 59.99 up and waiting. I was going to buy it, but I couldn't justify the price right now. A shame because I liked the packaging and the combined mode, but it's not worth it at this point. The joys of no substituting jobs to hold you over.

8. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    This is a strange set. I've seen many photos of the darker colored version from SDCC, and had no interest. I saw the mass release toys at Target recently in their brighter colors and had even less interest. But this G2 set, with it's rainbow of candy-like colors and it's garish splodges of "camo"...I keep coming back to look at it. I keep looking at this thread, and seeing photos of it in other threads, and peeping at it on Amazon and BBTS. It's so funky. There's no reason I should want it, much less prefer it over the others. I have no nostalgia or affinity for G2.

And yet here I am, impatiently waiting for my very own Fruit Brute to arrive from BBTS. Should I seek professional help?

9. iconbot

iconbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I favour the SDCC version. Looks waaaaay nicer.

10. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it's Vortex that is the main draw for me.

11. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha, I'm in the same boat. No G2 nostalgia and not really a fan of crazy bright color schemes and yet I too am looking forward to Camo-icus arriving on my doorstep.

Edit: Yeah, that ice blue Vortex looks pretty great IMHO.

12. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have the G2 set. I love it. I prefer it over Fruiticus or SDCC. It's sorely underrated.

13. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

I, admittedly, DO have G2 nostalgia, but I still maintain that this is the "best" deco.

The SDCC one has the unifying theme of... dull... not even G1-accuracy because of Onslaught and Vortex.

Energon... is just pretty bad looking. I hate Onslaught's green and Vortex looks amazingly bad.

G2 has the only Vortex that actually looks good, and it's also the only one with any kind of unifying color scheme (all figures having a secondary color of purple, which is nice). It works quite well.

14. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Agreed that Vortex is the best looking color scheme for the mold so far. I'm also really liking the white and purple Blast Off better than the others.

15. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

My Bruticus is coming in today, the 4-5 month wait is nearly over for me :D 

16. Líder Optimus

Líder Optimus Well-Known Member

O.M.G.

17. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

After playing around with Bruticus, he was worth the wait. I'm very glad I didn't cancel my preorder last month, if I did, I would had regret doing so.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Okay, got this today.

It's my first experience with these molds. I like the look of everything in every mode in this set. I don't even mind Blast Off's huge arm mode. But I cannot get over how much everything in this set feels like a knockoff. the plastic feels terrible, and the figures feel horribly hollow and weightless. Onslaught has stress marks everywhere there's a pin. I had intended to get the retail release of the combaticons too, but no way in hell would I do that now. $60 for the G2 set is a decent price, but paying even a dollar more for a Generations Bruticus? Out of the question. Maybe he'll grow on me, but I doubt it.

I have no idea why the Generations line is being treated so badly. Nothing in the Prime line has such low quality. If the line keeps going this way, I'm out.

Also, connecting and disconnecting limbs? Absolutely terrifying experience.

19. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Mine just arrived today, along with the retail version I ordered online.
    I can't bring myself to open the exclusive. The packaging is so nice and bright, so I think I'll stick with playing with the retail version.

And yes, combining and breaking down is terrifying. I keep thinking I'm going to break something, but haven't (yet).

20. 2ndSndWve

2ndSndWve Hen... Shin!

News Credits:
    except Megatron