G2 Dinobots or Dinobot Knockoffs?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Trek, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe they're KO's. I had the barney Grimlock and the red Slag. They're OK in whichever mode their parts line up well. My Slag was good in dino mode but the purple Grimlock had a mis-alignment on the neck side so his dino mode wasn't flushed on where the dino head attaches to the body.

They're good for spare parts, though!

3. knockoff

knockoff Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ah... >< never seen those before...

i want em all, hahaha.

but kinda steep for a bootleg... i'll have to pass for now :(  oh well, i'll just have to hug my Dalung Master extra hard today, lol.

- KO

4. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Those are definitely bootleg versions. And I'm so intrigued by them!! I want them!!

5. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    how good is the plastic? If they weren't so high in price I'd buy sludge to fix my G1

6. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Plastic is kindda too thin for my taste. How thin? Bootleg-thin.

Yes they are sooo intriguing and would make perfect spare parts for the original ones!

At first I was about to say that 19.99 isn't that bad since they are very rare for a KO....until I saw the currency! Yeah, it is too steep for what it's worth.

7. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

the quality on them is pretty bad, the purple grimlock is probably the best looking of the 4 in both modes. no diecast, all plastic.

they came out a couple years ago and were $3-4 US on card, from china, never distributed here. they aren't new so there aren't going to be a flood of them on ebay.

way not worth it for $40 each.

8. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well if they made one orange(my favorite color) then I'd buy him

9. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

How can anyone be so ignorrant to charge big $$$$ for a bootleg??

10. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

well, just cuz they are "rare", kind of old, and people love dinobots makes him think somebody will buy it, lol.

a couple months ago someone on tfieds was offering 1k for the destrong oversized g1 colored brut and the "testron" liokaiser sold for 300, i don't think bootlegs should automatically be considered cheap, fans end up determining the price.

11. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

That's true but where is the line drawn??? When unlicensed cheap plastic knockoff bootlegs are worth MORE than a die cast & heavy duty plastic LICENSED product...It's beyond me...I think it's just an excuse to jack the prices up on bootlegs now....:dunce  :drunk 

12. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

has anybody seen this stegosaurus transformer??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]Has anyone seen this stegosaurus transformer. I bought this at a flea market a few years back. I was on ebay one day and saw this same figure in the color it is shown on the box, than the color I got. I was wondering if any of you guys ahve this toy in the color I have it in or have it in the blue color I saw on ebay once but lost the bidding on. Plus has anyone seen a transforming batmobile bootleg toy??well kinda bootleg? it was the batmbile but they made there own robot mode for it. I saw that on ebay as well and cant seem to find one to purchase now. Let me know, thanks

dave

13. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, things only worth what people are willing to pay for them, this is especially true on eBay.

The price of these KOs isn't that bad for us UK residents (high cost of living and such), but it's a bit much everybody else.

14. Rdfnd1253

chain claw do you know anybody with that stegosaurus transformer toy I posted

Hey do you know anybody with that stegosaurus transformer toy i posted pics of?? Im trying to find another of its kind whether its in the same color or in the blue as pictured on the package......Does anybody know???

thanks
    dave

15. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I had a set of them on the same backer although I did not have the stegosaurus. They came from the UK. If you surf the UK site you should find some.

16. Rdfnd1253

hey what u.k. site can I search for these on???? Yea ive seen on ebay the deinonchyus, allosaur, t-rez, chasmosaurus, the hard bony head dinosaur parapleychiosaurus or something, and a duckbilled dinosaur. I have seen this stegosaurus once on ebay but lost the bid. I want to get it in the blue color or just to have another in the orange or w/e other color they came in would be cool. I also want the transforming bat mobile but cant find that either.

Let me know
    thanks
    dave

17. Pasaway

Pasaway Well-Known Member

Actually if you look at his list of auctions, he's got the real dinobots on there too. and He's charging 3 - 5 pounds more for each original over the KO version. So it's probably not that he thinks the KOs are worth more then the originals, but it seems all of his prices are kind of inflated above what were use to over here.

I'm really wanting these knock offs. I just started my dinobot themed collection, but I'm not ready to pay that amount yet.