2D Artwork: G2 Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ravenxl7, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Did this a couple of weeks ago for my Graphic Arts Design II class (basically advanced photoshop). The assignment was to color and shade a piece of line-art. My instructor and several examples of line-art, I saw he had a Devastator piece, and chose it.

I was originally going to give him G1 colors, but decided on G2 colors instead. Though I'm planning on altering a second copy of it into his G1 color scheme (won't take more than a couple of minutes to do).

Credit goes to Frank Milkovich for creation of the line-art.

Below is the final version I turned in, and the other photos are the original line-art, and six WIP shots I saved while working on it.

Hope you guys and gals like it. Thank you for any and all comments.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Mykamusprime

Mykamusprime Well-Known Member

Whoa dude!!! That's amazing!!!
    IDW, hire this man right now!!!!

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thank you, thank you very much :D 

I'll admit I'm good, but I'm definitely not that good, lol (there are plenty of others who do this stuff that are much better, and much more qualified than myself). I enjoyed doing this, so I'll at least do some more stuff like this in the future. Don't think I'll ever work for a comic book company, but it is something interesting to imagine.

4. darrenmea9

darrenmea9 Well-Known Member

this is epic!! jus 1 question, i know ur in school and all, but if u have any free time, i could send u a pic, and u could give it "passaze" like ur divisator, then ill post it on youtube and here, to promoto u, and 2 get people 2 know u. messege me if ur intrested. we both get satesfactory out of it :) 

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Please pm your request or post a thread in the "Requests" portion of the Creative section. Thanks! :) 

6. evil ivotron

evil ivotron destroy'em all

Great job, I knew that looked familiar. That's a crobot original... great colour

7. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Good stuff. Not too sure about the lens flare (usually a big no-no unless you really know what you are doing), but overall pretty nice.

From here it's relatively easy to make the picture really shine, by the way! If you add some good shadows on the figure, as well as rimlights and counter-lights, you'll find it will add a great deal to the overall picture..and it's not really that hard to do. :) 

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    How did I know, just by glancing at the lineart. :lol 

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thank you.

Thank you. Honestly, the lens flare was a last minute addition that my instructor wanted me to add. When I go to make the G1 colored version I may change up the background and stuff.