g2 beastwars ss?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by doomtron, Sep 23, 2008.

1. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    i was browsing the web and came across what was labeled as beastwars 2 starscream essentially a repaint of the g2 ss. heres the question whats the story? beastwars 2 had non beasts what was the story behind it was it after his spark floated away was it just an add on to the toyline? starscream is my favorite character so i have to know this and help would be appreciated:) 

2. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No the Japanese series had NO connection with the Us series...

3. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
  4. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
  5. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    The japanese Beast Wars series can fitted into the US G1 cartoon universe.

and from what I know, that Starscream is not the same character as G1 Starscream.

6. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How can that be fitted with the US version?

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I guess, at least theoretically, because they're two different Starscreams, anything said about the BW2 character doesn't clash with anything that happened in G1. That fella later turned into a cybernetic shark (retool of BW Cybershark, natch) called Hellscream (who was later still recoloured/rereleased in the US Universe line as Overbite).

8. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Just my personal preferences, but I refuse to accept anything Japanese made as official TF canons.

9. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    It takes place looooooong after BW. Like 1000 years or so.

The IDW version is different, though. Both II and Neo take place before BW, and the events of Neo lead directly to the Maximal/Predicon treaty.

10. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    thanks all for the heads up. takara and hasbro need to put theyre heads together and put together a solid chronology. g2 starscream is that still our screamer? i was still collecting comics and figures then but i was also juggling two hotties so i was busy:p 

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The basic story behind Beast Wars Second is that it takes a similar story to Beast Wars - two crews, Cybertron and Destron, arrive on a planet loaded with a powerful energy called Angolmois and fight over it. The Cybertrons take animal forms and live more in harmony with the world, while the Destrons take on mechanical bodies and crush all that stands in their way.

It was a series that was mostly played for laughs, IIRC Starscream is one of the most competent of the bad guys. The mecha-girl, Artemis, has a gigantic crush on him. Starscream is in no way related to the original.

More recently, Takara retconned the series so it takes place on a distant future version of Earth, where eventually humanity either leaves, or is killed off by the festering evil within the Angolmois energy. It's Unicron's life essence, basically. The reason the TFs glitch in the pressence of the stuff is retconned as the same reason they glitched in Grimlock's New Brain.

Neo is a direct sequel to second, two new crews set off to find the Angolmois energy, now scattered across the galaxy, and they eventually uncover it's dark secret and face off against a revived Unicron wearing Galvatron's body.

IDW's continuity seems to basically write out Neo, Second takes place about 300 years earlier - it's the last battle of the Great Wars, peace is almost a reality but Galvatron shatters it. In that one, Starscream is described as a Decepticon who took the name of the original out of honour or something.

12. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    It's a great toy, right BB?

"Roger!"

13. Silent_Magnus

News Credits:
    Everything is canon.

If you don't like the japanese G1 related stuff, then just say it takes place in a different universe.

14. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

G2 Screamer, the white, grey and orange retool of the original G1 fig, is indeed our old buddy. G2 was a direct follow-on from G1.

15. Silent_Magnus

News Credits:
    Was there any explanation as to why the G2 Smokescreen mold had a head that was so Optimus-like.

16. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

It's not really - it's got a few vaguely Prime-like visual cues, but no more so than several other faces. Certainly nothing that requires any in-story explanation. After all, has it ever been explained why Red Alert, for instance, looks so much like Sideswipe when they're not related?

Hmm. Maybe Sideswipe's dad was having it away with the fembot next door... :p 

17. Silent_Magnus

News Credits:
    To me It's always looked startlingly simmilar to Optimus heads like Lio Convoy, Big Convoy and even Classics Optimus.

Obviously I did not think this when the smokescreen mold was first released. As those other guys didn't exist yet, and I didn't really know G2 existed till the late 90s.

Sideswipe and Red Alert are the same mold with no remolding.
    Why wouldn't they have the same head?

18. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Fair enough. How about this guy?
    I'm simply trying to make the point that just because the heads may have some superficial similarities, it doesn't mean there's some deep reason for it. There's only so many head and face styles available before a couple start to look similar - many faces look as similar as these guys do to Prime (that is, a bit), but you don't notice them. Because Prime's face is so well-known (despite the fact that he's actually had tons of them, very few exactly the same), you notice when someone else's looks a little like it.

19. Sunstar

Sunstar All Hail Lord Starscream

I wouldn't call him orange... more like an intense salmon colour.

G2 Starscream was G1 starscream revived. Strangely I have yet to see the comic...which for me, a huge Starscream fan, is almost unspeakable. But I will, sometime soon. I want to get a TPB. Megatron realised that resurrecting Starscream was perhaps not his smartest idea. But he needed him.

BW2 and MW Starscream don't strike me as anymore than a couple guys who share the name of someone famous, or in Starscream's case, infamous. Armada, and Energon Starscreams also strike me as different but somewhat similar people to the original. But again, I see those as entirely different universes. Cybertron and Animated Starscreams strike me as being very similar to their original source.

Toywise, BW2 Starscream is quite sweet. Watch his launchers though. Mine fired about 15 feet one night when I was taking Photos.

if you collect Starscream, they are all great additions to the collection as they are different. Bestwars2 just isn't complete without his BB partner.

I just got a blue PVC beastwars2 figure the other day. :D