Minor/Repaint: G2 Animated Grimlock

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by unicronsupreme, Jul 17, 2008.

1. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    The same day I bought TFA Snarl to repaint I also bought a Grimlock to repaint.

Not a whole lot to say here. I ended up using up the large majority of one of those little testors bottles of Blue metal flake to cover most of this. At first I was going to leave a lot of the maroon but after painting most of the blue and some gold I decided to cover up the rest of it. I took some liberties to use more red on the shoulders since I thought that looked good. In order to match the eyes from the original I had to get rid of the light piping which is unfortunate but necessary. I really think this turned out well. I'm trying to figure out how to make him a gun of appropriate size but that's not going to happen for a while. Other than a few touch-ups that still need to be done and a bit of sanding on the wrist to facilitate rotation this is done.

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    lovely shade of blue. too bad you don't have the WST for the last pic hehehe

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

that's freakin awesome! I like the green slag (ok, snarl, whatever) as well.

4. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

That is a lovely color, man.

5. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    haha, yeah I like the blue too. I think the true shade would be a little bit more obvious in higher quality pics. Actually in regards to having another blue grimlock, I plan on painting a classics grimlock blue as well as soon as I can get another one (I gave my second one away to a friend who doesn't really appreciate it :banghead: ).

Thanks! I'm actually pretty surprised that no one beat me to doing these. oh yeah, and it's Slag... Maybe I'll radically modify TFA Snarl into true Snarl, his tail even transforms about right for a good G1/g2 Snarl Homage. At which point I would paint him red like my actual g2 Snarl. I'm not that good at modifying things yet though so I'm thinking that I'll make a "G2" Swoop and paint HIM red.

Thanks... I guess.. sounds like something you'd say about a sweater... not the king of the Dinosaurs. I appreciate it, just don't let Grimlock hear you :lol 

6. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    grimmy looks great in those colors :thumb 

7. luke4

luke4 crocon

thats sweet looking! good job!

8. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Awesome job, dude. That blue you used is wicked.

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Beautiful colour there; nice job. And yeah, I'm doing a blue Classics one myself... :D