G1uppers

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by encline, Jul 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well..these guys disbanded and some are continuing on with projects and a new direction.

I publicly apologize for hyping it up the way I did. Those involved really wanted to see Menace happen.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Never heard of them.

3. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Bring on the pics.....then the price.....then where we can preorder!

4. encline

News Credits:
    soon:) 

5. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Oooh, that's cryptic.

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The name just amuses me for some reason. Hope we get some pictures soon.

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i just still can't go over the fact they say they love animated and they are going completely against the story concept that made these characters "animated" just for a g1 homage

it is just gonna make the set cost too much for no reason

8. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Can't wait fansproject,igear, and tfclub has some new competition.

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Still not behind this Menasor set. They should wait until Derrick J Wyatt does a Menasor design, then base theirs on that. I've got no interest in throwing a bunch of money at this only to end up with something that isn't actually Animated Menasor in my collection.

I really hope they can pull off the Powermaster upgrade, especially since the original design called for a new core Optimus figure.

10. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Keep seeing Gluppers. :lol 

11. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No reason other than the peoiple who want it to combine, getting what they hope for.
    Good thing you don't get to make the decisions for other people.
    1. If you don't own a set, then you have nothing to worry about, unless you are hoping to get the set cheap, then sucks to be you. The set is kick ass enough that even without this add-on it would be a hot seller.
    Some people (ME!) really want to have an Animated combiner. This is the perfect opportunity to have it happen.
    But the "I can't afford it so it should not be made..." argument makes you look like a petulant child. Let's hope that's not your reasoning.
    2. If you have a set and decide you love the upgrade, then buy it.
    If you don't love it, then don't buy it. Pretty simple, Yes?
    3. DJW has stated repeatedly that an Animated Menasor was on his "To Do" list. For all you know we would have seen it in the next season. For all we know we may still see it in the future. I really hope that in one way or another Animated stays alive either in comics, movie or some other media.

As much as these guys claim to love Animated and Transformers in general, I don't think they would move forward if they didn't feel this project was fitting in the spirit of Animated.
    I am just as excited about the "Firemaster" as Menasor! That design really needed to see the light of day.

12. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    then dont??

I'm as much a DJW fan as anybody else but if the end result looks cool and its something you like then by all means

i dont hold off of Fansproject just because their upgrades dont have the G1 designer stamp of approval. its a stretched analogy, i admit, but holding out on something just cuz you live by "derrick sez" means you might miss out on something really cool!

13. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    These guys have my full support. :thumb 

14. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    1.i want the set badly but i haven't been able to get it

3.um, wtf, DJW said he DIDN'T want the animated stunticons to combine, that he WANTED them to stay seperate as a team. making them a combiner takes the awesome characters he created and throws what makes them unique out the window for a stupid g1 homage

all i was saying this doesn't "support" animated, it ruins a concept for a stupid g1 homage

you can buy it if you want, i don't care, i just don't like how people are saying they are supporting animated by making this, cause it goes against the main guy's intention for these guys.

15. Sioce

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These guys will have just as much of my "fanwank" as fansproject if they pull these off.
    I will also add... REPAINTS BABY!
    I have every version of the Voyager Prime mold. That is 8 total (if you count the first wave US Optimus released with different paint apps :)  7 without) I can see at least 5 versions of the Firemaster armor being viable. US, Takara, Nemesis, Elite Guard and Clear. Toxitron is a Meh for an upgrade, and Motormaster will be chilling in the middle of Menasor.
    Course if there was a limited Toxitron one... I would probably bite.
    Animated grew on me big time after botcon.

16. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    impressive sir, i hope some day we can meet the designers behind these awesome 3rd party companies but it just makes it so much cooler that "they" the designers and owners of these 3rd party companies are for lack of better words "rebels" and have to keep their identites secret (like a really good episode of ghost in the shell) to get out to the people what the people want dare i say need? :)  love it and if encline vouches for them we know they're work will be top quality the best

17. Sioce

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How did Ratchet put it... "This fool is terribly misinformed.." :lol 

1. is the reason I am dismissing your opinion. You don't want this made because you think it will put the set out of your reach. That is a terrible and childish reason to not want it made. Sorry to sound harsh. But seriously!
    On 3. you are wrong :) 
    The LA meet-up had DJW as a special guest a few months back. Great guy to talk to. Really made me start to fall in love with Animated. Botcon sealed it.
    Menasor and Devastator were 2 things I made sure to ask about ;)  being my 2 favorite combiners.

Simple fact of the matter. If the set is made and you didn't pull the trigger, I am sorry you missed out. I say, just for love of the set in general, buy it as soon as you can, before the prototype images and/or pre-orders go up. The set is worth the price. You can still find them on ebay for a little more than they originally sold for at the con.
    Whether this set hits or not, you will not be finding the botcon set for any cheaper than it is right now.

18. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Love the name.

I look forward to seeing more.

19. encline

News Credits:
    funny, that was the first name they were going to go with...:) 

20. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I asked him about coimbatacon/Bruticus in the bar at AA 2010 and that would not be done untill like later in the show if it was going like season 6-7 or so.

HE really is a nice guy to talk to and I also like the animated but I just cant collect them. dont have the space..and the gf would kill me :p 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.