G1Megatron question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cortexitron, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

Alright G1 guys, I need some help. I just acquired one of my childhood wishlist characters in the form of a G1 Megatron. It came with all the accessories, but there was an interesting lack of stickers. Not only lack of stickers,but lack of old sticker residue as well. Obviously, this figure could have simply not had its stickers applied, but there isn't a single Decepticon logo on it anywhere. As I'm looking it over, I notice that it only says "MADE IN JAPAN. TAKARA" on one side by the trigger, without a Hasbro logo. The other side says M.C.12.13 on it. The buttstock has only Takara markings on it, with the years 1974 & 1983. So I guess I'm wondering if this is an early Transformers Megatron, or perhaps something from a line prior to TFs?? If there's something specific I can look at or post a pic of that would help identify it, let me know. I can post pics as soon as I get home from work. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Could be a early TF Megs, or a Microchange P-38 U.N.C.L.E. Pics would help

3. Cortexitron

OK, here are a handfull if pictures...

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

4. madhatprime

madhatprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like they were taken off or never pun on all the way. Reprolables is a good source. If you want vintage, you may just have to sell a pinky finger though... =P

5. Cortexitron

Yeah, I think I can get a Reprolables set for around $20. I'll probably do that if I can confirm that this is an actual TF Megs. The missing Hasbro lettering was the only reason I questioned it.

6. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    I just looked at all 4 of my original Megatrons, none have the Hasbro stamp. All are like yours.

7. Confinest

Confinest New Member

8. Anthony _aggro

Anthony _aggro Platypus prime

Ebay:
    I don't think Megs has a lot of stickers to begin with. Maybe the legs and the chest and that is it. If you have an earlier pre-TF version, then I personally don't think you should sticker him up unless you just really want a G1 accurate Megs. I think having a "Man from Uncle" version is way cool.

9. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I think either a pre-rub G1 Megatron, or Micro Change Series MC-13 Walther P38 U.N.C.L.E.

Possible way to tell, does the gun have a spring for firing bullets? Do the black stock parts have spring mechanism for firing bullets?

If not, my guess would be it's a pre-rub G1 Megatron due to lack of Hasbro markings.

All the best
    Maz

10. Confinest

Confinest New Member

It is spring loaded on the trigger, what black stock parts are you referring to?

11. TCJJ

TCJJ 103% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I would assume that the G1 Megatron figure never had the Hasbro markings on it. I know G1 figures did, but the early (pre-rubsign) versions may not have, as others have suggested, and given the lack of a rubsign or sticker residue, that's the most likely case. I believe the Micro Change one was the same colour, although I could be wrong.

The stock is the handle of the gun. That's the part that Maz is referring to.

12. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Does the trigger click when you pull it or does it just make a soft "springy" noise? The firing mechanism was disabled on the U.S., i.e. Transformers, released version.

13. Confinest

Confinest New Member

Since I have never heard the difference, i am unsure. It springs until a certain point, then it "clicks" before it gets to the end, but I can't tell if anything is moving inside

14. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Sorry I should have been clearer, the black attachments on the MC version originally formed a sort of firing platform for a Microman figure, but the Megatron can also stand behind it and hold the handles. On the MC version this assembly could fire bullets out too.

[​IMG]

I've also been led to believe that the chrome chest of the Japanese UNCLE has a slight gold tint to it, but some owners say that's not the case.

All the best
    Maz

15. Confinest

Confinest New Member

I need the little red bullets

Any idea how big they are to reproduce, or where I can find some to buy?

I am also looking for a butt of the scope, mine went missing, as well as a new silencer due to mine being cracked at the end.

Thanks

16. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Well you could conceivably use bullets from a reissue release Megatron or a KO black Walther P38, maybe even a broken pre-TF Micro Change Series MC12 or MC13 which has a few bullets in the lot?

All the best
    Maz

17. studioremark

studioremark New Member

I came across this thread after purchasing a Megatron that was identical in stamping to the one that was posted in the initial question. Did anyone get any further in trying to pin-point when exactly this version was released? I'm still assuming that it was a Transformer vs. Uncle version.

18. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    Yeah, my G1 Megatron is exactly the same. Nothing to be worry about as far as I can tell, I've checked most of the reissues and all of them have differences that mark it as different from this one, and of course my own. I'm starting to think earlier releases of Megatron didn't have a Hasbro stamp or stickers. Is it possible Megatron was released with stickers during the cartoon, and this is just a pre-cartoon toy? (Still Hasbro Transformers, but while they were still bringing things into the U.S.) Another thing of note is that the bullets won't fire. If it was a Takara reissue, it would be able to.

E: Actually, I just found mine does have a rubsign. But it still fits the description to a tee about everything else.