G1 Wheeljack could have made some of the show’s devices

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by QLRformer, Sep 29, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Most of the Iacon relics are pretty mystical in origin (Apex Armour, Star Saber, Energon Harvester), but there are some that seem to have come right out of G1 Wheeljack’s workshop...

The Polarity Gauntlet, a device that manipulates magnetism. I can see Wheeljack practically screwing himself multiple times with this device. (Polarity gauntlet - Transformers Wiki)

The Immobilizer, a device that stops Transformers in their tracks. This was a clear homage to inventor Wheeljack, as well as the similar device he made in G1. (Immobilizer - Transformers Wiki)

The Force Field Generator. I’m a bit surprised this isn’t commonplace within PRIME, after all haven’t many Transformers/their ships used force fields for defence capabilities? (Force field generator - Transformers Wiki)

The Phase Shifter, a device that generates intangibility for its user. (Phase shifter - Transformers Wiki)

... And so on.

It’s not really a complaint, as they are of value and use. But gadgets, inventions and tools shouldn’t really be placed in the same category as the mystical relics or the MacGuffins for the show (rainbow-colored Energon). They deserve to be invented, by an Autobot/Decepticon scientist to assist either side in their battle (like the cortical patch).

I’ve said before that the lack of inventors currently in TRANSFORMERS is a little disappointing, as the writers don’t seem to be imaginative or creative enough to have inventors who can design fantastic devices but instead have them already designed by long-gone Cybertronian artisans (eg Solus Prime) and turned into MacGuffins to pop up when necessary.

2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    It's not G1.

Most of the inventors with the technical know-how, are probably dead. Optimus said that most of that technology was long lost with the ancients.

3. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Besides, the Gauntlet, Immobiliser, Resonance Blaster and the shield generator are Decepticon technologies at least, so not all of them are mystic relics.

As Fatal said, most inventors may well be dead; the Autobots seem pretty rare as it is, and the Decepticons are composed mostly of drones.

4. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    And so can BW Tarantulas. And G1 Brainstorm. And BWII Drill Nuts.

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Maybe it seems that way at first but then later on it can revelaed that many survived. I'd love to see Perceptor or DOTM Que be the inventors on the show.

6. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    It may not be G1 but that's not the point. Surely having a wide range of roles other than 'warrior' is beneficial to the story. It's a bit boring when all each character can bring to the table is another way of punching/shooting. I miss characters who can be a bit smarter than that. Hell, it's been shown that it can happen in the Alligned 'universe', Perceptor in FOC is excellent, but it's a sorely lacking element in Prime.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I wish. It would have explained why a lot of these relics break so easily.

8. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

They do have Ratchet, who beside being a doc. have build the ground bridge

9. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    If Wheeljack can't make stuff, then have Red Alert do it