G1 vs. Knock off brands constructicons

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by iceclimber, Jan 26, 2009.

1. iceclimber

iceclimber Well-Known Member

Hi, I have never owned an official G1 constructicon of any sort. I have however a KO by quickchangers. IT IS CRAP. The arms of Hook broke on the first time I gently pulled them out. Hook's crane shaft was split before I took it out of the package. I know that for a G1 constructicon after so many years, there is going to be some issues of making sure I handle them with care, but how much better is the quality verses the quality of the KO brands?

2. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

aside from hook's legs, they are wildly durable, I've had well over a 100 of them, and the only ones that have broke were ones that were stepped on or crushed ,never from standard playwear (hook not withstanding...fucking legs) but overall they are well made toys many many times more durable then the bootlegs floating around.

3. AMG

AMG Old School

I have several of the yellow KOs and their quality is horrible. Super cheap plastic and they will fall apart if you look at them wrong. They are really inexpensive though, I got them for $1.50 per two pack a few years ago. You get what you pay for with them.

I would just get yourself some G1 originals for your collection if you can. The KOs are a far cry from a proper replacement.

4. iceclimber

Thanks, any suggestion for how I should treat Hook when I get him. I just got a Devastator coming in the mail.

5. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    The best quality Constructicon KO I've ever owned where those rainbow colored ones that Walgreens sold for something like $2.99 each.

6. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

his legs need to be pulled to the side slightly or you'll snap them right off, before you transform him just carefully inspect him and you'll see what I mean, overall just be gentle with him.

7. iceclimber

Thanks. BTW, I don't want to start a new thread, but does anyone know if the Alternator Hound will fit in the MP-04 trailer?