G1 Visual Works Book

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ninety, Mar 17, 2008.

1. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Hi, I just got this in the post today:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=320212554254&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=011

I thought this was a pretty good deal, $34/£17 shipped rather than $77/£38.50 from TFSource. (I've bought from TFSource in the past though, this is not a dig at them, just thought this was a good deal.)

It came in 17 days, was well packed and sealed in it's cellophane. Seller threw in 2 A4 pages of stickers, one Dragonball Z, one Final Fantasy 7, which I'll give away, but nice nonetheless.

I got the G1 Characters Official Complete Guide Book at the same time, I loves TF books.

2. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sweet book. id like to get my hands on that.

3. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    That guy is nuts! , good score on the book BTW its very informative and a cool coffee table read

4. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Holy run-on sentences!

On the thread topic, I've been thinking about that book as well. Is the artwork worth it?

5. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

They used to put those artworks on the stickers, ahh I missed the good old days.

Those were some of the best TF artworks ever created!

6. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I've just had a quick look through it so far, I recognise some of it from Generations, Kadansaya books etc, but a lot of it looks new to me. I'll post again later/tomorrow once I've had a proper look at it.

Thanks to all who posted.

7. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Man I so want this book and thats a heck of a deal too. Congrats man!

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    That book's hella hot. Love the art style in there, angular, dynamic and not a puffybot in sight.

9. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I've had a proper look through it now, I think it's a really good book, especially for the price.

It's well printed with nice quality paper and pictures. Of the 128 pages, 66/67 of them are in colour, with the remainder in black and white, only about half a dozen pages are text.

It spans all of G1 through to Zone, with some G2 artwork also. There are a few pics of Battle Gaia I hadn't seen before :thumb 

I have got quite a few of the pics in other books though. At a rough guess I've probably got about 1/3 to 1/2 of them already, though some in differing sizes, and some in black and white, now colour and vice versa. It's mostly the later G1 pics I didn't have before, but there are a few early ones that I'm glad I've got now. There's a great one of the original Special Team Combiners shaking hands, with one limb from the other teams each Scramble City style.

If you don't have any TF artbooks I'd definetly recommend it, if you've got Generations then you'll have some of it already, if you've got a few other books you'll find more repetition, but as I said there was enough I didn't have to make it worthwhile, I've not mananged to pick up Genesis yet, I suspect there'll be overlap there also. Personally I will however spend to get these sort of books, they're the one TF item I let myself off the leash for! If I want it, I'll get it, I'm much better behaved with the toys themselves :) 

PS Forgot to mention, can anyone else with it check pages 88/89 and 90/91 as I've got the same pages printed twice. Were they all like this?

10. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Really want this :-(