G1 vintage label/sticker sheet question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by maz25, May 9, 2012.

1. maz25

maz25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I only collect vintage G1 figures with unapplied label sheets. I had already won a starscream and skywarp on ebay in unplayed with condition and needed the label sheets. Last week I won this auction (I hope the link works).
    Transformers G1 Skywarp Sticker Sheet Hasbro Envelope Vintage Rare Original 1984 | eBay

I only realized this after the label sheets arrived - there is no 4 digit number that seems to appear on all vintage sheets, and also the decepticon logos are cut in a way making sharp points on the tops. I have a few label sheets with the cut job that these have, but those label sheets have the 4 digit number on them. Reprolabels seem to have the smoother cuts with the 4 digit number on them, along with newer white paper backing.
    The back of the label sheets seem to be old paper, yellow in color.
    Anyone with any knowledge about vintage label sheets, I am all ears, this has me a bit stumped. This cat's previous auctions seem legit, but one member left him negative for multiple items.
    Thanks
    Maz

2. stilettoheels

stilettoheels Banned

looks as though they may be transition "proof" sheets, from the time Hasbro was designing their own label sheets instead of using exact copies of the diaclone sheets. that could explain why they do not have a product code.

3. maz25

maz25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was just looking over my vintage seeker stickers that I have, and saw that my Thundercracker is the exact same as these sheets. This seems to make logical sense, since Skywarp, Starscream and Thundercracker were the first released in 1984 by Hasbro. Cool. Thanks.

4. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    There are some sellers on ebay who are selling what appear to be vintage label sheets because they actually place them on the same identical layout as the original ones. TFKingdom who've Ive bought labels from on ebay has some (got some for my stickerless mib Wheeljack). But he is not trying to pass them off as vintage, they just look identical

5. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    It's certainly something along this. That is the seller's second account (their first one has been and still is in good standing), and he is known for selling Hasbro concept art pieces and prototypes over the last few years, at times not realizing exactly what he has (ie, G2 Stunticons). The OPs seeker sticker sheets are definitely legit and likely pre-production unless someone can point them out as a production variation.

So, kudos for a very unique score. :thumbs2: 

6. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

Maz25,
    I know it's been 5 years, but I think you can find some of your vintage label sheet questions in my thread --
    Decal Variants on Various G1 Transformers (and their reissues).
    -- which by coincidence, is also about 5 yrs. old. Among the label sheet variants I covered (and own) are variants of all 6 Seekers (though I have yet to find a sharp corners insignia Dirge).
    BTW, I've also bought sheets from this same seller. I own a Diaclone Smokescreen sheet, bought with the intentions of applying it's rare texted labels on my G1 Smokescreen. (Unlike Prowl and Bluestreak, all the text references to Nissan, Datsun, or the 280-ZX were removed. Same with 1985's Red Alert.) I haven't touched the labels, but may eventually use them later.

7. maz25

maz25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:

Cheers, thanks Cybertronian! This is a valuable reference for vintage labels.