G1 Versus Animated

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Nachtsider, Oct 29, 2008.

1. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Blitzwing was seen amognst other Decepticons and at Galvatrons side after "5 faces of Darkness" pt5

2. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Then I stand corrected on that point. Unless it was an error like Huffer and Brawn fighting with the decepticons in Carnage in C Minor. :lol 

3. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Thats possible.He didnt have a speaking part.But he was seen with the cons in at least 2 different episodes.

4. SoundWave2007

SoundWave2007 Well-Known Member

comparing G1 to animated is like comparing the 3 original star wars movies to the HORRIBLE clone wars cartoons. THERE IS NO COMPARISON!
    you cannot beat an original everything else is palable.

5. Particle_Beam

Particle_Beam Well-Known Member

Since when did Bumblebee ever say he learned the value of teamwork? He always was a glory-hogger. The only thing he ever said was that he appreciated his friendship to Bulkhead.
    Or do you rather mean Prowl (who does do teamwork, and only once did want to try to do things alone, but that was because of drugs ehrm upgrades, yeah).
    And how would this ever change, aside from a completely new frame?
    Besides, it has nothing to do with personality, does it?
    And the Autobots always reprimanded her... in the first season. In the second, she didn't misuse the key (she also had more important things to consider, like finding out where her father was, and where to live, after Powell threw her out from the tower)
    And why should this change? Eternal worship is the defining trait of fanatics, the same as the troglodyte-behaviour of the dinobots, or the treachery of Starscream, or whatever defines you.
    Your examples weren't the right one, considering what I pointed out about the fault in G1. I'm certain that you do know what I mean.
    You certainly know that I'm talking about the return to the Status Quo (and everyone forgetting the lessons they learned just before), that characters neither develop, nor learn, but just stay who they are, if they're showed and given a line at all.
    Unless you're one of these persons who purposefully misread things...
    Which are?
    Actually, he started as rampaging troglodyte, with not enough brains, then got upgraded a little bit, and saved the rest with his two other dinobot subjects in the episode "S.O.S Dinobots". No sign of attempting leadership.

Unless you mean War of the Dinobots, in which the original three Dinobots seceeded from the Autobots, because Megatron successfully convinced Grimlock that the Autobots are weak (and you know, we're talking about G1 Megatron, which shows how even more troglodyte-like the G1-dinobots were :p  ).
    Yes, because Megatron didn't try the stunt again, and Grimlock's memory weren't that good to begin with. :D 
    Which episode was that (unless it's a multi-parter, which are only longer episodes - my favorites)?
    So you mean Galvatron, who tried to doulbe-cross Unicron, wasn't crazy in the movie, for going against the planet-devouring being who re-created him and controls him in the first place? :p 
    Blitzwing did return, you know it. And again, you know how I meant (also, to be more exact, everything went back to the beginning - some robots simply were never showed again, ha).

So, there we are.

6. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

What? I don't recall Blitzwing officially returning. If he was seen it's probably another animation error, because Octane's character was intended to be Blitzwing, but was changed to sell a new mold.

Anyway back on topic - Jazz. G1 Jazz is the best. Neither the movie nor TFA has surpassed the coolness that is G1 Jazz.

7. Jetspark

Jetspark Decepticon

I love both equally. Though I miss the good ol days with G1, I think they have done a great job with animated except for the Optimus acting younger and not like he used to be as a leader. Still, I love both the shows, cause Animated could be worse...They could have Bays designs in the cartoon LOL

8. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

:lol  way to pick your battles there.

How is the original SW Trilogy, in any way, comparable to a series of animated shorts?

Logic takes another hit today.

9. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 left more for your imagination. Animated is spoon fed for young kids. I love the animated show, but the reason G1 is still so big is because the stories haven't been locked down.
    I still wonder what happened to blitzwing, or was Rodimus ever the leader he wanted to be. That’s why the comics do so well. Even the old block transformers (g1 spinger) is better to me. I hate being totally cartoon accurate figs(besides Grimlock) they loose there appeal to me after seeing them for a few days. Sure I like updated models to old stuff like the classics, but never to get rid of my G1 stuff.

I love the animate line, but G1 will always be the core of my collection.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The reason they "left more for your imagination" kinda kills the whole thing.

They were far too busy copying 80's shows script drafts and showing new toys everyday they really had no idea of how to wrap up all of the stories, it wasn't CLEVERLY WRITTEN FOR YOUR MAJOR ENJOYMENT, it was just a real big flaw that took alot of years for 80's kid to notice.

You guys are lucky IDW exists, that way you can look at Prowl and say "That character kicks ass" while forgetting what G1 show did (or didn't) to the character,

11. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    You know, it's not often I hear that someone doesn't like show-accurate toys. So if the G1 toon had used character models that almost exactly matched the toys, you wouldn't have liked it? Some of the 86 movie toys were pretty accurate, so I guess you don't like them, either.

I'm just trying to understand your opinion.

12. Optimus17

Optimus17 Well-Known Member

I prefer the G1 characters to their Animated counterparts. Don't get me wrong, I love the animated designs and personalities but I just like the original ones better. For example my favorite Decepticon, Starscream, I much more like his G1 look. I don't like the large chin he has in Animated. I also like Chris Latta's Starscream voice more than I do Tom Kenny's. The one that I really can't say I like one over the other is Megatron. I really, really like Frank Welker's Megatron but the new Megatron is so bad-awesome that he is just as cool as the original.

13. trebleshot

News Credits:
    EDIT: Nevermind. Responded to wrong post.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  14. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I don't like the animated style at all.

15. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

its incredibly difficult for me to sit through a full animated episode its just too childish, G1 might have had animation errors and contained episodes but the characters portrayed were that of "badassness". You wanted to see them wage that war every saturday morning, you couldnt wait to see how starscream would try to dupe megatron, you couldnt wait to see optimus transform......with animated you have unoriginal characters (they are essentially g1 knock offs) drawn in a horrible american-anime style with sissy type villians....why would robots from outerspace have a challenge defeating human enemies? anyways, G1 is still miles ahead of animated when it comes down to characters, fun factor, and action. The only thing animated has on g1 is flowing story arcs and better animation (even though i hate the style).

16. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  17. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    And spiderus wins the thread:lol 

18. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yea yea, I guess to each there own, but I think the animated fans should be thankful fans like us exists.
    Damn it's funny your poking holes in the series that started the reason for this website, other stories, movies ect.

Still the cartoon then the movie in 86 was the shit for me.

19. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

i thought i was gonna hate animated.the character designs were so cartoony to me.after checking out the show and toys i am hooked.its cool,very cool.

and surprisingly,tom kenny does a great starscream.who would have thought.

20. trebleshot

News Credits:
    Also keep in mind that G1 fans and Animated fans are not mutually exclusive groups. There are some of us who like both for different reasons.