g1 upper menasor head

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by frenzyrumble, Jul 31, 2011.

1. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks great. A few tweaks to the angles would make it perfect, but I'd buy it without hesitation as is.

Also I don't get the comments about the lips...almost every animated figure has some lip sculpt, from rodimus to headmaster.

2. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have no idea when it comes to the cost of this thing.... but it is obviously meant to be a limited collector grade upgrade, that combines five figures and will stand around 16 inches tall, and is limited to 1,500 pieces....... If price is a concern at this point, then you have some time to start saving.

3. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Agreed. if you have access to a printer, then it's just modeling time. And I've gotten into the mode of modeling before where I bust out something really quick. The fact that this was pretty flat means it was even easier to pull off. not a piece pf cake, but easier.
    If you had to go through somebody, then yeah that'd be a little tough to pull off, but still possible if it was local.

Randy!

4. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    That's a mighty fine looking head sculpt.

5. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That has nothing to do with complaining.

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Brothers and Sisters I have only complained about TFC Herc prices and MAYBE the PP iGear price. I am not happy with it but can't recall if I posted my discontent)

To be honest, I gave up on the price war. These companies keep putting out raised pricing on stuff and everyone is chomping at the bits. What does this tell me? The fandom has a lot of extra coin as a whole and if I want the goods I will have to pay more than top dollar for it.

Supply and demand and in this fandom demand is high so prices will continue to raise. I look forward to learning where the roof is because we are now at 100+ a figure and sales are still sky high.

I am eager to see what MMC's Leader sized HoS Shockwave will be because the insider mentioned we will be very happy at the price. I want to believe that more than FP will put out great items at reasonable prices.

7. encline

News Credits:
    As someone who has looked into a product getting massed produced, let's do a little breakdown, I still have a lot to learn though..

Tooling for getting a deluxe sized figure made for a 3rd party company can run $50,000-$80,000..that is before you factor in time for the designers and group behind said products.. now divide that by the limited amount of figures produced. 2,000-7,000 MAYBE.... as where Hasbro can produce a figure and mass produce 15,000 or maybe 30,000 per figure. They get a huge discount from the factories.

3rd party groups are looking to one, make a profit to keep the company a float, pay for the work involved, and to produce more figures. Also the fact that raw materials are going up in price, as well as the labour to get these made. Just look at how long we have seen Herc in the works...the designers behind that are only now seeing a return... and I know they have my money! HAHA..

I know I own a lot of 3rd party stuff, and other than a few pieces I refuse to buy, these companies, along with the distributors are offering the best prices they can. I feel like understanding what goes into making these figures helps the price be understood and more acceptable.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  8. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    ^^^^^

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I get the pricing I really do. And I think the only thing I didn't consider is the alarming rate prices for resources are increasing. Sign of the times, the times as we know it they be a dying.

I am also not complaining about prices anymore because, well I have seen that the fandom will pay anything for anything and everything sells out. I would rather pay $20 more than I would like to for something I desire now than $100 later.

What I said about G1U's price on this set was "NO WAY to $300". $300 will get you 5 Insecticons with shipping or even 3 Hercules figures. You want me to believe that a folding box with hands feet and a head will be worth that much? All that said, we have no clue on price so its all for not right now.

10. encline

News Credits:
    I have a feeling it is MUCH more than a folding box;) 

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Well you would know and I'm glad to hear that...I just hope $300 isn't the price for this thing lol

Between this project being Animated and sorta, kinda, but not really *wink wink* has DJW related to it, I am already sold on this.

I look forward to seeing all of it!!!

12. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I'm all about this project, too, but I hope $150 is the MAX, not the starting point...

13. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And it costs what is costs, I'm fine with $300 if that is what it has to be.

14. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    seeing as i didn't even pay that for the base figs, i'd hope it was less than 300, no way am i justifying that just for an add on, hopefully it's more comparable to the bruticus kits

15. encline

News Credits:
    From their facebook:

imagine a 16 inch combiner with this kind of articulation...
    [​IMG]

16. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    A deluxe sized figure's molds can be made for +/- 20k, if aiming for a <10k run. packaging/marketing/design are at the lowest end of the cost sheet (so minor and low... they aren't even factored into the production cost)
    3rd company parties are making huge amounts of cash.

[​IMG]

17. encline

News Credits:
    man.. which factory is this? I know some people who would like to know..

18. encline

News Credits:
    sooo.. reading this chart makes your claim of producing a deluxe figure for 20k seem a bit off...ulness I am reading this wrong..... but the type of mold and the quality of plastic GREATLY effects the price... So producing a crappy k.o. is one thing, but a nice quality figure is another. but you do say +/-..so ..

19. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    That seems like it will be difficult to engineer, especially because they have to work around pre-existing toys.

Still, I have faith in these guys, and I'm hoping to be blown away. Menasor is my all time favorite and I'm glad third-parties are finally giving the guy some love (G1U and FP).

20. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    see "C", for ~ 10K units, Aluminum injection would work fine. Yes, these numbers are a little off (materials/quality/detail/thickness will fluctuate price of course) but, a good Aluminum mold is about +/- $10-15K. some companies will even do multiple colors of substrate...using the same mold

Just saying, 10K deluxe figures won't cost $80,000...