G1 Ultra Magnus blue color variations?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Golgo-013, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Golgo-013

Golgo-013 The Professional

Does anyone know if there are different color shades of the blue for G1 Ultra Magnus originals?

I'm getting some G1 trailers to convert to removable Ultra Magnus armor for my MP-02 and they look like they're are different shades of the blue. Like a light blue version and a teal version, I can't remember back when I had one.

Thanks for the help.

2. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    I don't remember any differences in the blue, it might be fading over the last 20 years

Oh and your member name rules!

3. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
  4. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    im pretty sure the reissue is a more vibrant blue....

in any case, welcome abord! :D 

5. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

There's actually quite a difference in the blue color. The so-called 'rubber-wheeled' Magnus was blue, whereas the 'plastic-wheeled' was more turquoise.
    The reissue was an even deeper blue color than the original rubber-wheeled version I believe.

6. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

i only have one G1 magnus left...i had two as a kid...the plastic wheel one with the non painted face...the one I have left is the rubber wheel with the painted face. I never noticed or remember a color difference.

7. firebolt

firebolt Well-Known Member

there were several variations in the blue,

8. Golgo-013

Golgo-013 The Professional

Thanks for the welcome, glad to be a member. I have been on the site for almost a year, but never registered, I always come here for my transformer news and stuff.

Last christmas I picked up a Hasbro 20th ann. Prime and it was so awesome it brought back all of the great memories and caused me to get back into toy collecting. I've already got a nice collection going of 2 Masterpieces, Megatron G1 reissue, Alternator Prime and Nemesis, Binaltech Wheeljack, and 4 Yamato 1/48 Macross. Got a MP-03 and MP-04 on preorder, can't wait for Starscream.
    I was a hardcore transformers fan as a kid, it's too bad I don't have all my old toys, I had a ton of them. The only one I saved was Jetfire, he's complete but yellowed.

My latest addition is an MP-02 Ultra Magnus I just got in the mail yesterday. The fit of the parts and some of the chrome paint seems slightly lower quality than my MP Prime, still awesome though.

So I'm going to kitbash a couple of used G1 Ultra Magnus into removeable armor for my MP-02. I was first thinking that if I do it super clean I could get away with only painting a couple parts, but I'm thinking I will have to paint everything.

In pictures I have seen it seems there are clearly different blues on the G1 Ultra's, but it seems random.

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I had this same question a couple years ago when I first started collecting. The reason you see differences in the online pics is not because the toys are different. It's because of the lighting conditions of the photos. The light in the room, the flash, the distance away from the flash, etc.. can all effect the way the blue on Magnus looks in pictures.