G1 UK Comic reprints have been pushed back

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by lee9, Sep 8, 2011.

1. lee9

lee9 Well-Known Member

The UK comics were a confusing mix of US content, exclusive content, spin-off series, and other one-off series. At last, they are scheduled to be compiled and reprinted, allowing this realm of G1-ness to finally be available to US fans. Pre-orders on Amazon had the first volume scheduled for a September release, but Amazon sent out an email saying it has been pushed back to January 10, 2012. Here's hoping we can finally read these stories after such a loooong wait!!

2. notpicard

notpicard Well-Known Member

I bought the Titan reprints hoping to be able to decipher the order I should read them in along with my US G1 run. But with some stuff still not reprinted, I am not sure where or if I should start.

I heard that the IDW books will be in chronological order. But are they going to reprint everything from th ebeginning or skip around again?

3. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    James Roberts has commented on the IDW boards that January's a bit excessive on Amazon's part, and that the book is intended to see release around the end of October/start of November.

4. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just in time for christmas then.

5. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just to be clear, the UK books will NOT also include the (sometimes edited/amended) US material that was reprinted in the UK chronology. It will only be the UK-exclusive stories, but with excellent commentary from James I'm sure you'll be able to place them exactly where they need to be in the reading order alongside the US comics.

And, the UK book WILL include all the issues covers (even those that reprinted US stuff). As these were almost always better than the US counterparts, this is great news!