G1 Trypticon vs. BW Neo Gigastorm

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobot X, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

Could someone enumerate the differences between the two? I know Gigastorm has the orange horn on his head rather than the flat orange panel, and I know there are some deco differences.

If you look it up on tfu.info, there don't appear to be any accessories with Gigastorm, other than the Full-Tilt robot. If that is the case, it's a real shame; I think Gigastorm looks cool with that horn.

Could someone shed some light on this situation?

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    tfu is (as always) correct. gigastorm is lacking trypticon's accessories.

3. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

Sorry to be picky, but wasn't Gigastorm in Beast Wars Second?

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yes, though I think he cameod toward the end of Neo.

And yes to the differences. Different deco (love the gigantic Predacon logo on him), but none of the accessories for city or tank mode, which makes them look incomplete. Though the horn is nice, it is also prone to wear due to it nearly always rubbing up against / piercing through the box he is packaged in, especially on the Korean releases.

Generally, I would recommend going for a Trypticon for the full functionality of the mold.

5. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^yeah I gotta agree Giga looks rather barron with out the parts.

I'd love to see the guy get an encore toy at some point

6. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

Wasn't sure...I thought he was Megastrom in BW II and Gigastorm in Neo. My knowledge of Japanese shows is sketchy at best.

Thanks for the information regarding the two toys, everyone. I've got a Trypticon, but he was given to me by a friend about twenty years ago, and he is in terrible condition...no parts, missing a hand, etc. etc.

7. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

does anyone here know if Trypticon's accessories can be swapped onto Gigastorm? or is there some subtle differences that keep them from fitting. I have Gigastorm and have been contemplating on getting Tryp's accessories just for the fun of it.

8. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

For me Trypticon looks better over-all. I have a complete Trypticon and its an amazing figure. I've seen the BW version and, to me, it just doesnt look right. The horn looks forced and the lack of accs. make it look very incomplete and kinda half-assed. -- IMO.
    I dont know if the Trypticon accs. would fit in Gigastorm. I dont see wht they wouldnt when Gigastorm is very much Trypticon w/ no accs. and some different decoration to the mold. I doubt they would alter the master molds for this toy just to eliminate the use of Trypticons accs. Stranger things have happened, but I'd be surprised if they didnt fit.