G1 Trypticon Prototype tower light

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DoubleClouder, Sep 21, 2007.

1. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    So I was messing around with my Trypticon prototype and came across his tower/canon. Just for fun I decieded to put a battery in and make a sure it still lite up. So I'm looking at it and all of a sudden it start blinking. At first I just thought I had a low battery, so I went and got a fresh one. It did the samething. So for a sanity check I dug out my other proto and it did the samething. So just to make sure I wasn't completely insane I dug out my Trypticon from when I was a child, put a battery in, and the light stayed on continiousely. So I took a video of it. The prototype is the one on the left (pinky purple color), and the regular(purple) release is on the right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dsVGi2cllY

There are a number of differences between the proto Trypticon and the release version. There are a few molding changes on the green parts on the arm/legs, and all the purple parts are different, and one of the ones I have has the unreleased stickers that are seen in the catalog. If I ever get around to it, I'll do a review of the two protos ver. the release.

2. David

David . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Two words for ya

You.Tube. ;) 

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'd love to read that review, DC. Trypticon is my all time favourite G1 Transformer.

4. DoubleClouder

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Did everyone get the video to work? If not I'll upload it to youtube.

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Please do so. I can't get it to work.

6. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    It didn't work for me. From the description, I guess this is a first shot? It's weird all the slight mold changes Takara made to many of the 1986 toys at the last minute. Off the top of my head, I know of differences with Galvatron, Hot Rod, Octane, and now Trypticon. Then again, I haven't seen many first shots from other years, so maybe they did that every year?

7. DoubleClouder

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Edited first post with youtube link. MG: Yah they are first shots. Also I have a fireflight first shot that has an extra joint in the shoulder (its a black ball joint at the upper arm, and is even shown on the box art and catalog pics).

8. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

I have a large utility flashlight with multiple lights, one of which blinks.

I changed the bulb for that and it stopped blinking! I put the old bulb into a normal flashlight...and it blinked! This could only mean that somehow, the bulb itself was doing the blinking, which I thought was very odd. Maybe it's the same thing here...?

9. DoubleClouder

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Dunno, but both testshot blinked, and today I checked with a friend of mine and he said his Trytpicon (he had it since he was a child) did not blink. You can't tell in the pic, but the bulbs looks slightly different, but it might just be me overanalyzing things.