G1 Trypticon---- How many of you think this will become an Encore series within' 1 yr

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LifePincher, Dec 29, 2008.

1. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

I'm on the fence about buying one and was wondering.

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    It's possible, sure. But I'd spring for a vintage Trypticon rather than wait. It's not like Fort Max or Star Saber, where a reissue would cause the vintage price to plummet by hundreds of dollars.

3. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    I can only hope that we do. But it'll be a huge surprise if it happens.

4. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I hope not. He's kinda lame. I've had him twice. He isn't too impressive. I'd rather see other bots reissued.

5. LifePincher

I thought that a reissue of this was not possible now? I know everything's possible, but I heard the molds were destroyed, etc?

6. LifePincher

Long story short, I just got a $50. gift card for Transformerland.com. He's a bit pricey, but hell if I can think of anything else to get. Except maybe Alternators Prowl, which is still pricey!

7. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Encore will probably take a back seat in the coming year due to Animated, Anniversary, and Movie toys. Add the Metroplex KO drama and there's several reasons you should just buy Trypticon now, if you can find a good deal.

I second LifePincher's opinion, transformerland.com is where I buy most of my origianl G1s. You're guaranteed to get a good product, good shipping, and you can haggle on prices. If the description says "NEAR MINT" then that's what you'll get.

8. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Encore is Japan market only, so animated won't affect the sales. Anniversary figures are already incorporated into their henkei line, so it's just the movie line that's the main competitor.

I can see them releasing Encore Sideswipe if the rumours of him being in the movie are true.

9. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

Animated is wank and Takara have already said that there not touching the series. I say get Trypticon, ive got him and i love him so much more than Metroplex but then again i love Metrotitan and alot of people dont seem to like him for some reason

i say get him because hes fantastic but BW2 Gigastorm is disapointing as he is missing all the small pieces and parts

10. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Opinion != fact, tinkerbell.

Source? (the voices in your head don't count)

11. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I'm going to require a sauce for that stew...

12. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I don't know the status of those two any more than I do Trypticon's. I was just referring to the loss in market value you see when a reissue is announced. I wasn't sure if that was a factor in your decision.

Buying Trypticon vintage wouldn't break the bank and wouldn't plummet in value compared to other big bots, if Omega Supreme and Metroplex are any indication. Not like we saw when Star Convoy and God Ginrai reissues were made. Their vintage value pretty much tanked, if I recall.

13. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

With the way that the larger sized Encores have been shelf warmers (Sky Linx, Metroplex, Omega Supreme), I'm going to have to say no that Trypticon will be released anytime soon.

I wouldn't doubt that he will eventually be released, provided that they don't just kill off the line like the TFC line. I'd like to see him reissued just so that collectors and fans who don't have him yet have an opportunity to enjoy him. I'm happy with my original vintage. Still not a fan of the tampo Autobot/Decepticon logos on the Encores however.

14. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Transformers are a global market nowadays; there are no boundaries for any particular line. The "official" manufacture/release country is pretty much a moot point.

And since the 25th Prime wasn't under the Henkei monikor (albeit a Classics release, which is pretty much the same), I was thinking that the anniversary toys were going to span various lines as they come out.

15. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

Who stated that Takara isn't going to make Animated figures? Who stated that the large Encore figures are shelfwarmers? Where are the sources for these bold statements?

16. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish they would.
    it would be nice to have MISB city bases. OS, MP, then Tryppy?
    great.
    at first, i thought Trypticon was lame (years ago) because of his simple transformation, but now, i adore it.
    add to it the feature of connecting the gestalt chest pieces at his ends to make him appear larger, he's just great.

have to agree since the "Encore is really KO" fiasco, he may get pushed back for a while.
    hey, if they'd make G1 Scorponok first, wouldn't hurt my feelings....

17. LifePincher

How about Encore Scorponok?

18. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'd love an Encore Trypticon. I have a MIB original, but I would LOVE a brand new one too. Same with Scorponok.
    According to you.
    Source or GTFO.

19. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I have stated the shelfwarming myself a few times. Man just look at all online retailers, they cant move them. ppl bitch and moan they want reissus but ppl dont want to pay for it. In their minds Omega should cost like a leader class like 44:99 or something. Since retailers have a problem moving the bigger bots then TT sees that and thinks on another route. Its basic logic.

the only bot that might be selling would be Fort Max. But he would probably go for a sum of over 400 if reissued. And boy would the fandom cry if that happend. Why cant he cost like a leader class boo hhooohoo.

I have a hard time see Trypticon and Scorpenok relesed due to sellers not beeing able to move the other bigger bots TT has put out.

I would be all for it but I just dont see it happen.

20. GenZhao

GenZhao Banned

News Credits:
    They need decepticon cities, they damn well better becuase Im on the edge of getting G1 scorponok or trypticon... I want reisssues!